 People / 361
Re: Artwork
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:51:10 GMT

In lugnet.people, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> writes:
At 04:56 PM 12/23/1999 , Bram Lambrecht wrote:
http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/art/

Bram, I'm speechless.  I thoroughly enjoyed your gallery - those are
awesome paintings! :)

Thanks!  I entered a number of the pieces into the Scholastic Art Awards
Competition (not all, because my art teacher has a limit of 30 (not her
idea), and there are other students in the class...).  I'll let you know
if I win anything.
--Bram

bram ~

  this really is magnificent work! so few artists today realize the
importance of working from life, it's refreshing to see, and it really shows
in these pieces.

  your aproach is very fresh and imaginative (~imagine that from a lego
fan!) and there is romantic emotional (dare i draw a comparison to chagall)
quality to it all as well as good strong figurative representation.

  even if you never win an award (which i hope you DO, btw), you should
continue to persue painting. you have much more than just a knack for it.

  compliments and encouragment! thanks for sharing!

later ~ craig~