 General / 12746
Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:11:03 GMT

Wayne R Hussey wrote:

The statement I began with is: We have no rights to use intellectual material
generated by The Lego Group - and that if we want to behave as adults we need
to treat their wishes with respect and responsible action.

Agreed.

And that
responsible action includes not complaining about their expressed wishes.

NOT agreed.  If we don't complain, they won't know that they "have a problem".

As I've stated before, I will respect TLC's wishes, but I certainly WON'T agree
with them.  Posting info to their website, linked or not, means it's there for the
public to view.  Asking us not to view something that is on their open server,
rather than hidden behind passwords/ACLs, or on a staging server, is ludicrous.

Disagree if you do. But disagree with the message, don't aim at the messenger.

Agreed.  However, your (as you noted, badly stated) first post was aimed at "us
messengers".