 General / 12679
Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:01:42 GMT

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:22:48 GMT, "Wayne R Hussey"
<eskimo@uswestmail.net> wrote:

To all you gripers out there who think The LEGO Group owes you something just
because you've spent a couple of bucks on their product:

GROW UP!

Why?  That defeats the purpose of having LEGO for me!

A lot of you complaining about Brad Justus' comments about what is appropriate
and legal to do regards TLG intellectual property and its distribution on the
internet, need to realize that TLG could, by rights (copyrights!) remove any
posting of any image originally created by them. That's what "rights" means.

Some of you seem to think that these rules violate your "rights". In these
circumstances, you have none. Just the same way that driving is a privilage,
and not a right, your access to TLG information is a privilage.
Yes I do realize that, and I thank the TLC for allowing such databases
to remain accessible to the public.

Responsibility dictates that we as adults, act like adults. We, upon finding
out we are doing things blatantly illegal, or at best, not in the interests of
our community, make an attempt to correct our behavior. When we were children
and did something wrong, our parents provided guidance or punishment to
correct our inappropriate actions. As adults, we are supposedly beyond the
need for someone else to influence these corrections.

Personally, I am becoming tired of the little minds that think they have the
"right" to anything they want, just because they can get it. How many of you
complainers would also believe that you have the "right" to drive drunk just
because you able to? If caught, I'm sure you would gripe because the police
did something to "get" you. You weren't responsible. It wasn't your fault.

I propose that those of you who disagree with Mr. Justus' policies, quit
demonstrating your irresponsibility by complaining, and become responsible
adults and work toward making the system more the way you want it. In other
words: If you have a different destination, just tell TLG where you want to
go. Don't keep spinning your wheels telling them where you won't go. It serves
no purpose, causes irritation and slows the rest of us down.
So we are supposed to fall over like little "yes men"?   If we don't
like something shut up and sit quietly in a corner?  Where's the good
in that?  How is ignoring and keeping silent supposed to help them
improve things?  How will they know what we like and DISlike if we
cannot tell them?  My take on Brad's appearance here is that they WANT
feedback, feedback is not ALWAYS the "good", they need the bad and the
ugly also or they are working in an vacuum!  My feeling is that some
of their current problems are the result of being in a vacuum already,
at least somewhat.  If you don't like hearing this stuff DON"T READ
IT!  That is certainly an option that's available to you, me, I'm
going to post my criticisms if I want, that's part of what this is
here for IMHO.

Wayne
Well this is my 2 studs worth of opinion,
Mike