 Local / United States / Illinois / Rockford / 7
Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:04:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, Jameson Robert Gagnepain writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, Matt McDevitt writes:
If there is, PLEASE contact me - I think I'm the only one! ^_^

Matt

I know that me and Tim Courtney are in the area... I'm in St. Charles,
Tim is in Wheaton.

Yeah, AFAIK we're the only Chicago maniacs, save Lou Zucaro, the former
manager of Pause, who is in Schaumburg.  Mike Perri was getting a
Chicago/Milwaukee club organized, and a possible fest late January.
Still, if you'd like to arrange a meet, email me at tim@zacktron.com.

Maybe most people are shy or lurking, but I think there are actually
quite a few.  For example, just counting the people who've bid in AucZILLA
auctions, there are 44 people in Illinois, and 8 in Chicago proper.  And
there must actually be many, many more yet who aren't online.

I'm now sure how the outlying cities arrange themselves but if you've got
a map handy or know lots of city names, here's a list of cities in IL from
the same data list:

   1 Addison, 1 Arlington Heights, 1 Aurora, 1 Bolingbrook, 1 Calumet City,
   1 Cambria, 1 Carol Stream, 1 Cary, 2 Champaign, 1 Charleston, 8 Chicago,
   1 Decatur, 1 Downers Grove, 1 Elmhurst, 2 Lisle, 1 Monticello,
   1 Mt. Prospect, 1 Naperville, 1 New Berlin, 1 Oglesby, 1 Orland Park,
   1 Palatine, 1 Park City, 1 Ridgway, 2 Rolling Meadows, 1 Springfield,
   6 Urbana, and 1 Woodridge.

Unfortunately, I can't give out the email addresses of these people...
But maybe I could include some sort of automated loc group notes with
outgoing bid updates...

--Todd