 Star Wars / 5167
5166  |  5168
Subject:
8001 Battle Droid is awesome!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 06:10:46 GMT

My wife got me the new 8001 Battle Droid for xmas.
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8001

If you like StarWars EP1 and/or Technic, you must build this set!
It folds up just like in the movie, then at a touch of a button it springs
up to a 12 inch tall battle droid.  It is simply delightful.

As if that's not enough, turn the knob (new round edge gear) on the back of
the droid, and its right hand snatches the blaster out of the holster on its
back using a magnet.

Construction is very precise, just about every piece serves a purpose.
Tons of rubber bands and almost 100% of the pieces are tan colored.
A few unique pieces as well.

IMHO, it is well worth the $30 list price.
Also includes instructions to build a two legged walker (AT-ST?), and
modification instructions for different battle droids (squadron leader?)

I hope the 8002 Destroyer Droid is of this quality, anyone got one yet?