  *559588 (-100)
  Re: Wind turbines

(...) That's a very cool (albeit non-LEGO) solution, Matija! I made a wind turbine as part of my display for the FLL event last December and ran into the same problem, Mine for a futuristic home, so I was able to get away with building a 9v motor (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  new moc: candy cane

a fellow afol and i are trying to prod each other to post more mocs that were built in the past and never made it to the light of day. as we were lamenting (that's the kind word for what we were really doing) our lack of recent contribution to the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday, FTX)

  Brick Journal Calendar

Joe and Crew, Not sure who is personally responsible for the Brick Journal Calendar (URL) I will post here, and hopefully it will get into the right hands. And before I get into this, let me first start of with a thank you for having a central (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) It looks like this project is coming along nicely! Great work. Jim (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New (to you) trains

Well it had been a slow couple of weeks for new train MoCs, but I see that trend has already changed in the last few days. And now here I am to add my 2c to the pile. I'm slowly clearing through my backlog of creations and getting them up to (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Okay, so I was just scrolling down through the images and thinking to myself, "hum, nice interpretation of an nw/sw switcher" until I saw what you have under the hood. Wow! It is hard enough getting the right detail on the outside of a 4-8 (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

(...) While great to see them in motion, indeed, it is particularly neat to see the double header. Very nice. Benn (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Dave Sterling wrote: (snip) (...) ¬ There will be more compendiums, and I think there will be a third and fourth - mainly because the issues got so big. Thanks for the help! And Issue 2 is looking good! Joe (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

(...) Very interesting! Thanks for that. But how do I get to that html page from here? (URL) is all that random code generated at the end of the URL? I have a submission in the gallery and it doesn't show the creation ID... I thought about a rating (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  COOL Technic items for your Star Wars Lego. Must read!

Ok, here's the deal....... ...I want a Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Series MILLENIUM FALCON #10179. (yes, the $499.00 one) I have to offer the following built Lego items with original instructions...... #8880 Technic Super Car. #8462 Technic Tow (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Vintage MISB Lego Sets from 1970's For Sale

Last hours on the sets! (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

(...) Joe: One other question for you. Is there a plan to do a Vol. 1 Issues 6,7,8,9 in a compendium? I know the Vol. 1 and 2 compendiums covering issues 1-5 are up, but I was just wondering if issues 6-9 are in the works. Oh, and we did a train (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: MECH BAY 13 - Big Blue breaks out!

(...) Cool! I always love the mech bays that you create. Did anything change to support Big Blue in the bay? -mark (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

(...) Duh. I feel dumb. You can link directly to the products by the creation ID-- it's just not in the gallery veiwer: (URL) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) I actually saw the "ideal num threads" call in the QT 4 documentation when I was trying to figure out how to get the number of CPUs on a Linux box. However, even though the sysconf calls are in a QT-only section of LDView's code, I can't use (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

One comment I will make-- I don't think they would want the general "rating" per se. I think there's potential for kids to feel bad if their submitted models are rated poorly. Doesn't mean you couldn't circumvent that risk, but you'd have to base (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  ALTERLEGO: mostra-scambio a Latina 18-20 aprile 2008

Vi giro questo invito: (URL) museo ha un estensione di 10.000 mq in totale, comprendente l’agriturismo convenzionato per gli espositori e visitatori all’interno del museo, ci sono vari padiglioni di cui il nostro è di 1.000 mq. Ca il primo a destra (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) I recently bought an AMD Phenom Quad core running vista 64 bit. I gladly do some tests if you want. I did some thread programming myself and discovered memory/disk bandwidth is the real bottleneck with modern cpu's, just can't get enough data (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

Hi folks, For those interested, I thought I'd give you a peek at LPub 4.0's GUI. I started with and LPub free file well, except for PLI sub kind of metas. I converted the submodels to callouts, placed the callouts, added pointers to the calloutss, (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Hi Travis, Qt 4 provides threads. It can tell you how many ideal threads there are (presumably the number of hardware strands). Yes, the instruction set is SPARC, with 64 bit integer registers (31 of those), plus the usual 32, 64, 128 bit (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Thanks. (...) Yowza! In theory it will run on Solaris as long as QT 3.3 is installed, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried that. Note also that it would have to be a 32 bit compile, which may or may not be easy on Solaris. The current source (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Hi Travis, Congratulations on getting SMP working in LDView. If you can run on Solaris, I have an 8 core with 8 hardware thread box in my office I could try things on. Maybe you'll only use 32 given the above algorithm. I have access to a two (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

(...) That's a good question - and a good idea! Going to the libraries has been something that has been suggested from a few people. I just called up a local library (out of curiosity) about this and will be contacted later today as to how a (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: Wind turbines

"Matija Puzar" <puma+lugnet@esa.fer.hr> wrote in message news:JxMHnA.ID2@lugnet.com... (...) Very clean and ingenius method you have there! I'd like to see more of the inner workings when you get them posted. Thanks for sharing! -Rob (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.town)

  Wind turbines

Inspired by the last FLL theme, I figured out it would be nice to have wind turbines as part of the layout... even if they actually might not produce energy. At first I thought of having one (micro) motor on each of them, but that would get a bit (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Museum updates

As of April 16th we will once again be running full time !!! During the next 4-6 months we will be doing a ton of maintenance on the museum as well. We are planning a BIG Space room opening in late April. We also have another feature statue in route (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.general)

  Shop @Home Phone Specials for Wednesday, March 12, 2008 to Tuesday, March 20, 2008

Item #8791 Knights Kingdom Sir Danju $8.99 $4.50 Item #10160 Black ridge tiles $5.99 $3.00 Item #5476 My First Quatro Set $12.99 $6.50 (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Ballasting Corners?

Dave, I'd be curious to see what you come up with after you gather your input. Your technique may lend itself to being used to build some rural gravel roads for a "back woods" diorama I may end up building. Hope you post some pics of your final (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

(...) Sure NXT would be good and what about bioncle? I hope they can copy those parts across from their in-house version of LDD sometime soon... I don't understand why cross linking popularity with a key word search would take a lot of development - (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

[disclaimer: I'm not even remotely associated with LEGO Factory. Or LEGO itself. But I wanted to agree with some points here, and comment on others. I do have a little experience with the way LEGO has to operate their web resources] (...) I'd love (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 10177 - Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Alex Cordero ha scritto: (...) Scusa, ho letto solo a metà... Alex (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.org.it)

  Re: 10177 - Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Tristian ha scritto: (...) ... Scusa l'ignoranza, ma cos'è brickinitalia.org (Considerato anche che Explorer 7 mi risponde picche con questo URL)? Alex (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.org.it)

  Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???

Why can't I view the factory gallery by rating?...or popularity? Even better: by search key word (or theme) listed in popular/high rated order? (Just like Lego.com shop at home site) I WOULD BUY A LOT MORE LEGO from the factory sets if I could see (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Lego factory gallery ratings and deep linking?

Why can't I view the factory gallery by rating?...or popularity? Even better: by search key word (or theme) listed in popular/high rated order? (Just like Lego.com shop at home site) I WOULD BUY A LOT MORE LEGO from the factory sets if I could see (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.lego)

  10177 - Boeing 787 Dreamliner

ciao a tutti, mi sono scordato di dirvi che su Brickinitalia ho postato la Recensione del 10177 - Boeing 787 Dreamliner, in attesa che venga attivato il dominio www.brickinitalia.org potete vederla qui (URL) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.org.it)

  Re: Town diorama and a few new MOCs

Thanks :-) BTW, here is the whole layout: (2 URLs) Akos (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Town diorama and a few new MOCs

(...) Wow,really incredible stuff-you Europeans really have a fine eye for detail--not to say Americans do not either--lol. Tommy Armstrong The BrickEngraver (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Call for Participation: Disney-Themed LEGO Display

If you want to borrow the Batty display from the museum, let me know It was built under license by LEGO(r), and can be shown as such. Just need some museum plugs, and I will let ya use it!!! www.brickmuseum.net Dan (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.disney, FTX)

  Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

(...) Jordan, I think that is a really good idea. I have been trying to get Joe to go after that market. I am sure there are lists of School Librarians, etc. Another thing is that the local club could pay for the subscription or the PTA/PTO. There (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: Town diorama and a few new MOCs

(...) Permission granted. :-) BTW, the music stand needs a skelly arm, too! Akos (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

Joe, I just sent you an email, but I'd also like to publicly congratulate you on getting BrickJournal to print. I'm thinking of trying to convince my local library to subscribe. I'm sure there are plenty of kids (and adults) who would love to read (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

I'm working on SMP support in LDView, and I'd like to have someone with a machine with 4 CPU cores test it to see if it works properly on machines with more than 2 CPU cores (my CPU is a dual-core). (SMP is symmetric multi processing: multiple CPUs, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) I'm not sure who 'Junkpile' is yet on Brickshelf, but I was flattered to see the LLD New York Central "Empire Express" Engine I designed above put into the ABS. To their credit, they also designed a very nice tender to go along with it, and (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Town diorama and a few new MOCs

Well done, I just finished looking through your MOC pages. The buildings are beautiful, and the interiors are inspired. Skeleton leg + window sash = music stand ... Pure Genious. I just joined a train club myself, and as I make buildings, I will be (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: OT: More Bacon

(...) I prefer to have my bacon in the morning... instead of a disgusting after dinner treat like ice-cream or suckers. "Embark on a smooth sail each morning with this breakfast flavored coffee. The taste of sweet maple and smoky bacon blend (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Her second Technic model

(...) Hey Maarten, That is so cool! I really love seeing kids (especially girls) being encouraged to build intense models, (regardless of the motivating factors, smile) and I think 5 days is a pretty quick timeline for models of that size. The (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Sondaggio su comunità italiana

(...) Grazie per il link (se vi ributta sulla home di (URL) a sostituire "%20" con uno spazio tipo: (URL) LEGO Matteo.pdf e mandate un email al webmaster dicendo che bisogna evitare di usare "blanks" nella URL) Comunque - ho cominciato a leggerla e (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: NON espongo a Ballabio

(...) Slope e Tile non vanno bene perché sono nomi femminili ("una Slope 1x3", "la Tile gialla")... :-) -- alf (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  More Phun then Lego - technic potential

Dave, I know you dont have enough gears, and motors, but if your willing to invest an hour, I think you can make your own on-line-easy-to-animate Lego Technics. I just discovered Phun (URL) download this: (URL) once you can make your own stuff, AND (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MECH BAY 13 - Big Blue breaks out!

(...) Dear Mr. Sophie: The :wec: would like to know if you are using the term "Legomaster" with the explicit permission of The Lego® Group since the word Lego® is a registered trademark subject to the (URL) Fair Play policy> of TLG. (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  LEGO iPhone App?

A friend from school just tipped me off to what looks to be a mockup of a LEGO iPhone app, I wrote some thoughts about it and linked here: (URL) like an unofficial use of the logo, too. By the fonts and the design and how the logo blends into the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mars mission IV

(...) That sounds wonderful, although well beyond what I can do (which is why I love reading your projects & posts). (...) Which sounds good, although ultimately I worry about what happens when the power drops really low, and the watchdog timer (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions Steering with automatic center return

(...) This is Brilliant! Small, compact. I really like this simplicity. Thank you. Chris (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: OT: More Bacon

(...) I'll see your bacon ice cream, and raise you a Bacon Lolli-pop (URL) mean Chris (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Bionicle Game Cards

Does anyone know where I could by Bionicle Game cards? I am missing a few and would like to complete them. There is very little on Bricklink. I need a few cards after 170 to 310. Thanks John P (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NON espongo a Ballabio

(...) Complimenti! un altro minifig appassinato di LEGO (...) Qualche idea: Brick; Slope; Lug; Tile; ........ ;-) ciao GIuliano (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: OT: More Bacon

(...) Just to keep up the goodness: (URL) Candied Bacon Icecream> -Rob A> (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: NON espongo a Ballabio

(...) Ti è andata male ho appena saputo che è MASCHIO !!!...!!! Dino Baldi P.S. adesso vi terrò informati sul nome...non appena lo decideremo :-) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Adventures of the S-Team #500

Congratulations on reaching the lofty heights of #500, Ian! The S-Team have been a part of my bookmarks for a long time now, and I can't imagine facing the work-week without them. (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.events)

  Her second Technic model

Hi all, After model (URL) 8880> I gave her set 8480 (I had to break down another creation to give her all the necessary parts for the one she asked for, set 8466 - maybe next holiday...). When she started building it, her oldest sister got a little (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) As well as the few standard gauge ones there were quite a lot of narrow gauge 0-10-0s, often with fancy articulation. Any care to try (URL) articulation? That would get round the 'blind or flanged?' problem! ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mars mission IV

(...) You're welcome (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mars mission IV

(...) Interesting approach. Good arguments. 1. The RCX is the device of our choice for this project. 2. I think that the RCX firmware should survey the battery status and more and more disable current-intensive functions. I remember that we were (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mars mission IV

Thanks (...) //snip (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Guardatevi questo.....

(URL) un robot che risolve il cubo di Rubik, ma questo fa tutto da solo, senza supporto di un Pc e di una web cam Ovviamente è un NXT!!! Giuliano (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  TexLUG at 3rd Annual HBCE

(2 URLs) Flickr Gallery> For a third year, TexLUG was invited to display at the Healthy Baby and Child Expo in San Antonio on March 8th and 9th, 2008. While only two TexLUG members were able to attend, the layout was nevertheless a success. The (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Adventures of the S-Team #500

It's almost here! The Adventures of the S-Team ((URL) LEGO fandom's longest-running daily superhero webcomic, is less than three weeks away from reaching the epic #500. And four weeks after that, the beginning of the S-Team's third year. Help (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce) !

  Re: request for the work of a master builder

(...) Well it seems, as well as emailing a large number of Aussie AFOLs, these people also contacted LEGO Australia, who have decided to fund the project, but they need someone to do the actual building. Any takers? I can forward the details if you (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks And the contrast certainly helps. (...) For the decals I started out by creating the art work in MS paint. Paint is simple to use and I don't have access to any of the high end graphics programs. Then used MS word to create a decal (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO TV on Comcast on Demand

The Bellaire Ohio Toy Museum is on Comcast as well. We made the news makers last month, and we are working on a monthly program as well. Saw the LEGO(r) comcast, very cool stuff!!! I am hoping to get some real graphics for a TV commercial in the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) Do you have any video of the Brick Testament. I am looking for videos for the museum. www.brickmuseum.net Maybe something with a little less foreskin?? Dan (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) I would love to see a copy of that letter. I am having my problems with them as well. Do you still have a copy I could get?? Dan (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks Diesels are typically pretty plain so getting details to stand out on them can be a challenge. And I love learning about the history of what I model. And the Ma & Pa (witch being from York PA. is my home town RR) has a great story to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

(...) Very Nice. Steam Engines always look best when in motion. The double heading of TSR 300 and 500 was great. Some day I'm going to build a mate for my Decapod for a nice double headed drag freight. Cale (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Yes The drivers on my (URL) 0-6-0> are regular stud increments. (...) I had some spare wheels lying around so I did some experimenting. Anthony's suggestion is pretty much what I (URL) came> up with as well. (3 URLs) The rods I came up with (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Or even connect them to 2 & 4, possibly eliminating the need for any gearing. ROSCO (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mars mission IV

Hi, Claude Baumann, I would like to collaborate with you. I am very interesting in Rover projects. Juan Antonio Breña Moral www.juanantonio.info (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Power Functions Steering with automatic center return

I have come up with a method of automatic center return for steering. I have done some experimenting with the hockey slap shot springs before, but have never had success. But this is incredibly simple, and works really well. See instructions below (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: personal OMR

(...) Just as a note, it appears that the canopy is rotated 180 degrees on set 7695 (maybe due to an update to an unofficial part?): (URL) it was due to an update to an unofficial part, there could be other sets that have the same problem. --Travis (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  LEGO Group Takes Czech Production In-House

LEGO Group takes Czech production in-house (By Richard Higgs PRW.com) LEGO says "best and most effective solution for us to run the factory". March 10, 2008 - Less than two years after outsourcing labour intensive production at a Czech Republic (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) I have, a ten wheeler, but it uses a very similar setup to Cale's and uses standard stud increments, so I doubt it'll be of much help to you. (URL) could always connect the first, third, and fifth wheels together using a rod (all blind, I (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OMRMaker released

mikeheide schrieb: (...) I have seen now that all generated pages are copyright by me :-). Ok thats no fun. Please have a look at the current version where you can customize some details. You can download OMRMaker at (URL) note that my pages created (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Thanks Philo! I've limited to dots per inch inch and dots per centimeter. This is nice from a formatting pespective because margins and sizes fall into smaller ranges than with inches and meters. Kevin (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mars mission IV

(...) presentation, of a very novel hack to the RCX. Note that while he used non-LEGO technology (the LEGO solar cells, while robust, have a really poor power-to-weight ratio, and his "energy can" beats the pants off batteries for this sort of (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  using BBB med wheels

Hi All, I'm just starting an 0-10-0 steamer using BBB med size wheels. I was wondering if anyone has some examples of BBB med wheels in use. I noticed Cale had an 0-6-0 steam switcher, Cale are those regular stud increments? Looks like yes. I first (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mars mission IV

"Claude Baumann" <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote in message news:JxIys1.HME@lugnet.com... (...) Solar Cell / RCX info - From the LEGO site: (URL) What are the specs on the LEGO Solar Cell and Capacitor? The LEGO Solar Cell and Capacitor are designed to (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Mars mission IV

We are currently (and urgently) working on a new edition of our Mars mission project ((URL) The idea is to start from our former RCX experiences and add some new features this time. We are designing the rover in traditional stud-technology with the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) splitting the controls for the doubble crossover can be done in a couple of ways. as soon as i get my hands on a set i will write up some instructions for everyone. as for selenoids there really is no need. automating 9v/rc switches is fairly (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  motor port splitter?

Looks like only Mindsensor provides port splitter for nxt motors. Unfortunately, this splitter will not allow independent control. I had this application which requires ita port to be attached to one NXT motor, and one RCX lamp (while the other two (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

Nice work Cale. The extra detail of the engine really sets it off, probably because of the contrast between black and grey. It has more than likely been answered here many times before but how did you make the decals? (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

Nice work Tony You have some fantastic train models and it's even better to see them in action, thanks so much for sharing. Peter (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Cale, I love it. Lots of delicious detail. I really like the grill work on the front of the hood. Thanks for the associated history of the switcher. It helps bring this MOC into life. -Jeramy (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Finally a video of my steamers in action

While staying with Chris MacDougald for the recent TexLUG display, I was finally able to get the video I took of my trains in action at the NETLTC display back in the fall out of my father's camcorder. Even got myself a YouTube account. Check it (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  BOGO on instruction CDs at Lions Gate Models

A what on CDs? A "buy one get one"... free, sale! Yes, buy one instructions CD and get another one of your choice, free. Buy two, get two free. Just order the one or two you want to pay for as normal on my site at (URL) tell me in the comments of (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Trogladyte V 2.0

Hello again! As I mentioned in my prevoius post, I had a VERY productive week. I'd been meaning to revisit this beastie for a while now, and yesterday's blizzard gave me just the impetus I needed. I present to you the new and improved Trogladyte V (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc)

  New Mech, Basilisk

Hello all, Had a very productive week. I built a new mech that I have dubbed the Basilisk. There are 5 variations of the design. Primary Config: (URL) config A: (URL) B: (URL) C: (URL) D: (URL) mech was designed to work in conjunction with both the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

Maryland & Pennsylvania NW2 Diesel Switcher #81 (URL) Originally formed in 1901 from several narrow gauge lines, the now standard gauge Maryland & Pennsylvania RR railroad (Ma & Pa to its fans) traced a meandering seventy-seven mile route to connect (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Technic 8880, 8462, 8280, 8459 for Star Wars.

Hello We have a few older Technic sets built (original instructions included) looking to trade for Star Wars Lego sets & minifigures. Items for trade include the #8880 super car.... (URL) are all in great shape, never played with. Looking for (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Crane...

(...) Posted some updated pics of the progress... Not the best resolution, but you can get the idea... Folder when moderated: (URL) link to one pic: (URL) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Sekiyama MOC - clad tankcar

(...) I did indeed. And I'd forgotten Vikings used them so thought they were newer. (...) His (URL) tram track modules> are incredible too (I think Tim D or I have posted a link to them here before). I find Sekiyama to be a great source of ideas in (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Skipped 15 messages in groups lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact