 Dear LEGO / 5591
Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:37:39 GMT

[disclaimer: I'm not even remotely associated with LEGO Factory. Or LEGO itself.
But I wanted to agree with some points here, and comment on others. I do have a
little experience with the way LEGO has to operate their web resources]

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim McGillium wrote:

Why can't I view the factory gallery by rating?...or popularity?

I'd love to see this added to Factory as well as NXTLog (& cross-fertilizing
that, I'd love to see the purchasable parts pallets of Factory expanded to
include the NXT pallets in LDD, as well as the LDD pallets being significantly
extended, and available in more colors, etc.). But when I lok at all the things
that "really should" be added, I realize they all take resources in the form of
development and testing... and those resources may be in short supply.

What about being able to link to the URL of...
your own blog like all the other lego community
galleries out there?

That, for control reasons, I suspect probably won't happen. Even if you have
every submission hand-moderated for inappropriate content ,and mandate that all
URL links be checked at submission, that still doesn't solve the problem of
control. LEGO has no way to check all the possible first-level links out of
NXTlog to figure out what has been changed from "look at my nifty MOC" to "I
hate LEGO they're the Evil Overlords (TM)".. or worse. The internet is not a
kid-friendly environment... and that consideration is a very important one for
LEGO I suspect.

--
Brian Davis