 Dear LEGO / 5597
Re: Lego factory gallery ratings and URL linking???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:13:40 GMT

The little "Check Price" link!

And THAT URL returns some XML data about the creations, including locations of
images and links and such.

How obvious - great! Although I cant check the price of my model and get to that
page until I download the new LDD open it in there save it and repost it to lego
factory! I guess I'll get around to that...
It seems that all the submitted models will eventually go out of date as new
versions of LDD come online and the seasonal production of parts are adjusted.
I guess this means that you may not be able to have a permanent link to your
creation if it's not 'current'... because a blocking page will say the model
needs to be upgraded to the new version of LDD before you can check the price
with the permanent URL to the model...

How/where is all that random code generated at the end of the URL?

LFH002 <-- That's the product number for "My Custom Design"
c23cbe32-6c61-445a-b6cc-dae7aa5436bc <-- That's (I think) the creation ID

As for how the ID is generated, I couldn't tell you. It might be any one of a
number of things, really. And it might even be specific to your current web
session (as in it might expire), although I kind of doubt it.

Well all the links you've sent work for me - maybe it's some kind of
encryption...

What would be interesting is to see what happens with unmoderated creations.

That would be interesting indeed... you could do a whole theme that communicates
with the moderation group - that would be fun...

to link to. You can also get the ID by sending yourself an e-card, which
generates a link something like this:

I see... curious that the ecard has no links to how you can buy it or see more
details about the entry. I guess they don't want kinds racking up bills on the
parents credit card LOL
The only link is the mail seal (link to the same page?). It sends me to the men
at work page (again!)
http://factory.lego.com/errors/generalerror.asp?aspxerrorpath=/ecard/default.aspx