 Trains / 30107
Re: using BBB med wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:19:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
   Hi All, I’m just starting an 0-10-0 steamer using BBB med size wheels. I was wondering if anyone has some examples of BBB med wheels in use. I noticed Cale had an 0-6-0 steam switcher, Cale are those regular stud increments? Looks like yes.

Yes The drivers on my Reading 0-6-0 are regular stud increments.

   I first notice that in order to get the spacing tight that 1/2 stud increments are needed, but that sorta blows the connection rod alignment (I think). My plan was to use BFBFB arrangement where B=blind, F=flanged.

I had some spare wheels lying around so I did some experimenting. Anthony’s suggestion is pretty much what I came up with as well.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cale/Train/Ideas/p3104471.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cale/Train/Ideas/p3104472.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cale/Train/Ideas/p3104474.jpg

The rods I came up with are a little on the bulky side though. I really like the way Ben did the side rods on his BR23. But getting those Technic Flex Cables in the right size is next to impossible.

   Any comments would be great... There are a ton of great steam engines (and other Train MOCs) out there, that I may have missed in my recent, not quite dark but mostly cloudy age!

SteveB

An 0-10-0? That’s an odd one. Should be very interesting though.

Cale