 People / 4759
4758  |  4760
Subject:
Her second Technic model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:30:24 GMT

Hi all,

After model 8880 I gave her set 8480 (I had to break down another creation to give her all the necessary parts for the one she asked for, set 8466 - maybe next holiday...). When she started building it, her oldest sister got a little jalous: she wanted to build a technic set, too. I only had one supermodel left: 8448. They both needed approximately 5 days to complete their model; quite long but they have other interests too (and they can’t stay focused an entire day on the same thing...). This time I only had to check on them once or twice. I only had the feeling that the oldest one only built the model to proove that she can do it, not because she’s as interested as her younger sister.

Both showing their models:

To show these models I bought a new cabinet. Actually we bought it to store our books (my wife loves to read, I stick to comics...), but I used a few shelves for lego-models.

Unfortunately book-shelves are only 28 cm (approx. 10”) deep, which is far from enough to get the 8480 in it. I had to build a special stand to keep the model under a certain angle. I needed the doors because I wanted to keep the models away from dust. As you can see, it fits perfectly.

Play well,
Maarten