 Trains / 27001
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:18:08 GMT

Cool, missed that part.

Now...details on the sizing, where to buy, etc?

I'm sure I could bore out some brass rod, but if you have a supplier
that stocks the right size, it would save a ton of time...

pe668 wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Thomas Stangl wrote:
A slightly better solution may be to find similar stock in the
pre-lubricated bronze used for bushings.  I don't know the true name of
the stuff, but if tubing of the right size could be found, you wouldn't
need to worry about grease or oil.

Umm yeah, well I think you missed the point, NO lube is needed

In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote:
The extra circumference of the brass keeps the axle from seating too low, so it
will not rub on the frame. I did this to all my axles and everything has been
perfect since. No wear, no friction, and no lubrication needed.

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/