 Trains / 17920
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:09:38 GMT

Call me crazy, but I believe there is a limit to how much weight one should
stack atop a 9V train motor. My previous V188 double-diesel was solidly
built...too much so, for I had to raise the controller up two or three
notches just so it could keep up with a 4565-type engine (on separate lines)

When you add the weight of cars behind these overloaded engines, the problem
becomes all the more compounded. Impressive as the Super Chief is, the
design may suffer from being overweight.

-Harvey (Talkin' off the top of my head again)