 Trains / 18039
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:25:03 GMT

I'm finding little reason to the whole friction issue.

My CN engine has two motors on it and it runs very fast on power level 2 of
the controller. I can tow 10 cars behind it without an issue

Now my legend Metroliner has issues on curves, it slows right down and makes
such an noise.

I agree with that! And I bought all of the newer cars (10013/14/15/16/17)
and buy just making a very simple train with them + 1 loc, it has a very
hard time on curves and not fast on a straight track. I never had that
problem with all the trains I had before, especially the noise...
Saddly to wonder what's going on and should I buy more train cars in the
future? I'm planning on buying (investing!) on the new 10022/25 but now I'm
not so sure.

Can someone have a good review to make?

Jean-Marc

But I do notice that the wheelsets in the Legend Metroliner are stiff and
don't roll well. Some of them had notches on the wheels that I had to gently
cut off to make them spin without clicking...

Dean