 Trains / 17936
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:11:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson writes:
Cary Clark wrote in message ...

The Super Chief locomotive and cars are absolutely beautiful. I've bought • 15
sets so far, and I could see buying more. But, it is the poorest running
train since the inception of 9V.

Interesting - Jeremy Rear brought his Santa Fe ABA set to NWBrickcon this
weekend and it kept slowing down to a crawl at certain places on the track
for no discernible reason. Good old Thomas the Tank engine barreled merrily
through the same places pulling a train of cars. We never did work out what
the problem was before Jeremy had to pack up and go home.

This is a real shame. These sound like pretty basic (ie avoidable) faults.

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: