 Trains / 18043
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:15:14 GMT

For a long time, I resisted buying any of the Super Chief sets. The models
DO look a little top-heavy, and LEGO® has slipped on their quality control
like never before seen in their history.

People say that LEGO® is too expensive, and that they should lower their
prices. But remember that you get what you pay for...this rings true in all
aspects of consumer goods and services.

I for one do not want to see LEGO® sink to the level of mega-bloks and the
other clone brands. (heck, even my mother knows LEGO® is the best)

What I DID buy is a pair of the light gray wheels for use under my silo
waggon http://community.webtv.net/Ferroequus/GoodsWaggons1 and they do have
more rollling resistance than the standard black wheels, unfortunately.

Preminum price= premium service

ValuJet price= a crash in the swamp (and going out of business)

-Harvey