 Trains / 18041
Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:36:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:

But I do notice that the wheelsets in the Legend Metroliner are stiff and
don't roll well. Some of them had notches on the wheels that I had to gently
cut off to make them spin without clicking...

Dean, sounds like your wheels had some production errors. I would encourage
you to call our Consumer Services Center and ask them to send you some
replacements. They should be able to get them to you in no time.

Jake

Dear Jake,

a German Co-AFOL has had trouble with the Santa Fe train as well.
He called the consumer service for replacement wheel sets and got informed the
Super Chief was not meant as a train set, but as a display set for the shelf
only. So there is no need for working (+ replacement) wheels at all... :-(

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/52984.htm
(only in German)

Is that the way to handle a mayor quality issue?

Today we read even about bad running MOT-sets as Jean-Marc has posted here.
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=18039

And in the reply on that message we get the proof (by David VinZant), that a
Santa Fe A-B-A unit can handle 10 (old) cars, if only old black wheel sets are
used.

I love all the new S@H 9V train sets and I appreciate all the efforts of TLC
towards us train fans. But all this depends on the operational reliability. A
display train might be nice, but we want rolling stock. I am really
dissappointed about the todays messages. I thought this thread was a dead
horse already, but hearing the Super Chief was only a display model makes me
upset.

Regards,

Ben