 Trains / 17933
Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Case writes:
On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:37:46 GMT, "Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
I don't think LEGO® would leave a money-making theme such as trains hang
high and dry, it would be foolish...especially after almost 40 years of
continuous train production.

Can we be sure trains are a "money-making theme" in the longer-term? The fact
that much of the newer offerings can only really be had via S@H and that these
sets contain no real new parts makes me wonder what the long term plans for
trains are.

Is this really true though?  After all, 3 of the 2001 train cars are
available at retail.  Probably more significantly, there are 2
different retail starter sets that are built around the 2001 series of
trains.

Hmm. Perhaps this is a US thing (?), the only 2001 train sets we have in
non-lego  shops in the UK are what looks like superfluous LD stock sold at a
slight discount.

Scott A

Does anyone else suspect that by Christmas 2004 we will have retail
sets based around the Super Chief sets?