Re: Rock Crawling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
We had a small gathering to test out stuff for our upcoming remote control Rock
Crawling event at Brickworld.

This should be fun at Brickworld (http://www.brickworld.us)

Steve

Hi

My son wanted an "real RC car" so I took the RC buggy body and made a few
changes to have a final result. It is a 4x4 truck driven with 2 RC motors, and I
adapted the RC steering mechanism for the front drive.
It's very large, and quite slow (reduced 45-1), but very strong. Unfortunately,
There is no tilt point or suspension, and it has a tendency to spin if one wheel
if lifted in the air.
The good side is its manoeuvrability (right word???) both for steering and the
distance from the comand. (I can be far away and still have a response)

On the first try, I had the differential in last reduction, but the inside gear
broke... so I had to put the diff one step earlier:

Anyhow, the whole experience has been a LOT of fun.

There is a few pics on this folder after mod:

I did 2 more funny constructions, but no pics available yet.

LMKWYT, JM