Re: Rock Crawling & Bluetooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:16:56 GMT

Will you be joining us at Brickworld in June?

Steve

"It's on my calendar", which is akin to "the check is in the mail."

I am planning to attend; six months from now, who knows what will happen.

Yes, but it's good to have a plan.

My NXT is fucntioning, so that is good.  I guess I need to work on bulding
four-wheeler!

Oh, by the way, a question on bluetooth: can I just buy one of those
"bluetooth
adapters", plug it in to the USB port on my laptop, and then dispense with
having to plug and unplug the usb cable from the NXT?

That's what I've done.
However, they seem to work best if you use the Windows drivers, and not the
drivers that come with the dongle.

And, if I built the world's greatest NXT four-wheeler, how can I do remote
control in the most cost effective fashion, seeing as the only bluetooth
stuff I
currently own is an old Halloween mask...

This is the cool thing.  There are a bunch of ways to control it.  Of
course, the easiest is to just go out and buy another NXT, and build a
remote control.  http://www.mindstorms.com

Or, you could write a program for your laptop, and that new dongle.
Actually, there are programs for either on my web page:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

With the bluetooth (http://mindstorms.lego.com/overview/Bluetooth.aspx)
there are plenty of options.  You could download LEGO's mobile app for a
bluetooth phone...
http://mindstorms.lego.com/overview/Mobile%20Application.aspx

I wrote an app for my PDA, but I don't have it posted anywhere.  That's
another option.

Or, if you don't want to use bluetooth, here's a pretty cool option from
Mindsensors, that allows you to use a PSP remote...
http://www.mindsensors.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=61

You need more options?

Steve