Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:13:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Rafe Donahue wrote:

I say we just award the prize now.

Ha! Methinks you underestimate the talents (not to mention obsession) of the
other folks in this event <grin>. Seriously, thanks for the kind words, and I'm
very happy with it, but now the rest of you know yet another way to try to do
it. Go for it: somebody make a robot that will drive over LNE. Incidently, for
RC combat this thing is fun too. Just put a blade or two on the front flippers
and it is even more fun (although I need to shift the CoM... perhaps
dynamicly... dang, this thing really does need more than three motors I fear).

The kids will go nuts when they see the video!

Thanks. I took it to a public "science night" a couple days ago, but with faster
gearing... it ran basicly continuously for 2.5 hours, driving over kids, feet,
LEGO, and anything else they could manage. And the minifig never fell out :-).

--
Brian Davis