Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:00:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

Brian, it would help to reproduce your outstanding
design (and maybe CAD it!) if you could provide higher
resolutions photographs somewhere...

Thank you both Matthias & Philo (and others!). give them an inch indeed...
first, I really feel i need to apologize for *not* CADing this up. I've tried to
CAD stuff, but the combination of my chosen platform (Mac) coupled with where I
like using my free time (building, not CADing) and furthermore the complexity of
the designs I'm actually interested in documenting (like this), have conspired
to make me a lazy slob who's not documented things in the "normal" format.
Somebody, please help me, or brow-beat me some more, and I'll try to rise to
that standard sometime.

As to higher-res photos, agreed: these were actually reduced for BS, and I've
got higher-res ones availible. I probably need to do an even *better* job
documented the construction, not just the parts but the sequence: for studless
constructions like this, I sometimes feel like I'm making one of those "slide
the pieces to assemble the cube" wooden puzzle. For instance, one of those
images I had to use my fingers to point out three red (in that "step") pins that
need to be pulled to remove a long white composite beam that is critical to
holding the two shoulders on... but is actually partially hidden within the
shoulders on the ends.

Where do you guys want more/better photos? What needs improved documentation?

--
Brian Davis