Subject:
Rock Crawling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:37:24 GMT

We had a small gathering to test out stuff for our upcoming remote control Rock
Crawling event at Brickworld.  As usual, John showed up with a really cool
looking truck, with a roll cage & fancy front end...

however, the roll cage was destroyed when the truck actually rolled off a cliff
:)

The course was made of random household items, like couch cushions, bean bag
chairs, boxes & tables...

Here's a few pictures...

And four videos, of my truck driving around most of the course...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/RockCrawling/RCVideo/dscn0966.mov
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/RockCrawling/RCVideo/dscn0968.mov
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/RockCrawling/RCVideo/dscn0969.mov
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/RockCrawling/RCVideo/dscn0973.mov

I also posted some info about my truck on NXTLog...
http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/ProjectDisplay.aspx?id=cb92ccd5-3448-4a13-8ee5-97edc1bfa876

This should be fun at Brickworld (http://www.brickworld.us)

Steve

Re: Rock Crawling
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
<snipage>
The course was made of random household items, like couch cushions, bean bag
chairs, boxes & tables...

Here's a few pictures...

To me it seems interesting that Steve's house has more boxes of NXTs than boxes
of diapers...

Re: Rock Crawling
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
<snipage>
The course was made of random household items, like couch cushions, bean
bag
chairs, boxes & tables...

Here's a few pictures...

To me it seems interesting that Steve's house has more boxes of NXTs than
boxes
of diapers...

The diaper boxes are around 4 years old, and no longer contain diapers.
Most of the NXT boxes are also empty.

Will you be joining us at Brickworld in June?

Steve

Re: Rock Crawling