Re: Rock Crawling & Bluetooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:25:55 GMT

Will you be joining us at Brickworld in June?

Oh, it's a plan.  But I can't commit just yet; wait'll next year.  :-)

Ok, now can you commit?  :)

Or, you could write a program for your laptop, and that new dongle.
Actually, there are programs for either on my web page:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

I checked that out; thank you.  But here is more of my ignorance: what
exactly
is NXT-G?  Differing things I've seen on line seem to make me believe that
it is
text-programmable or an extension of the NXT software that came with the
set or
extra blocks to add to the NXT software.

Sorry if I didn't explain that.

NXT-G is the software that came with the NXT.

You can get an update to the software from NI, which allows you to add
blocks that are not included with the standard software.  That's the Dynamic
Block Update.

And can one zoom in or out of the programing field in the NXT software?

No.  But, there is a magnifying glass in the lower right, that allows you to
see the whole program in one window.

Well, my phone doesn't BT,

Maybe you'll upgrade it in the next six months.  :)

my PDA is circa 1999,

Maybe you'll upgrade it in the next six months.  :)

video-game systems (playbox,
gamecube, Xstation, STP, whatever) aren't part of our entertainment
options

Same here.  But once you have that device from Mindsensors, you can get a
wireless controller for like $25.

I think I'll be investigating your PC NXT-remote-controller program; you
didn't
stash any viruses in there, did you?

Not that I know of...

Steve