Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:21:07 GMT

The second set of arms on Mike's robot gives it better mobility. They make its
overall tread length much longer, so it can treat stairs like a ramp instead of,
well, stairs, and that makes it faster at climbing them. The arms also let it
raise the entire chassis over certain obstacles, and it doesn't have to turn
around to use its arms because it has them on both ends.