Re: Rock Crawling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:

Were you and John the only ones with trucks?

We were the only ones there-- unless you count Matt and Kurt, whose spybot
vehicles did almost as well going through the course as my truck did ;)

Mine is getting close...thought I had it done a little while ago and discovered
I had mounted some stuff half a liftarm off, so everything was torqued
funny...oh well...rebuild time...

I've noticed it is a little harder to keep track of this kind of stuff when
building studless.  One building tip I quickly discovered is that having a
suspension really didn't seem to be all that useful.  Just a little flex in the
chassis seemed sufficient.  Of course this may change if we make the course more
difficult, but I doubt it.

I will post pictures when I get it working right...I will play around with bean
bags here and see how it does...

The white 1/2 filled bean bag was one of the toughest points in the course for
me.  The loose bag material just made going across it tough.  Climbing up and
through it was even more difficult.  The bag just wanted to wrap around
everything.

John