 Off-Topic / Debate / 27878
Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:51:36 GMT

   Take off!

All of you are ‘hoser-wannabe’s’

Beauty.

JOHN

We’ll get our 2-4 of beer,

I’m with ya...

   some back bacon on the coleman,

I’m with ya...

   and enjoy the view whilst sitting on our muskoka chairs,

I’m still with ya...

   all the while dreading the upcoming toque season...

Ya lost me. As a service to the clueless such as I, consulted the Wik:

==

Canadian variant

In Canada, “toque” may also be a misspelling of tuque (IPA /tuk/), a knit woollen winter hat, originally worn by French-Canadians but now a staple of the Canadian winter wardrobe. This “fashion” originated when coureurs des bois kept their woollen nightcaps on for warmth during cold winter days. The Canadian Oxford Dictionary regards the use of toque for this hat to be assimilated from the etymologically unrelated French word tuque.

==

I’m back with ya:-)

JOHN