 MediaWatch / 2123
Re: The End of Lego (was: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jim Hughes wrote:
It, then, comes as no suprise, that in order to compete with other toy
manufacturers they have sought out less expensive labor markets. First it was
the Kladno plant in the Czech Republic, but also China. Look closely at where
your Lego sets are manufactured. Primo, Clickits, Galidor, and some Duplo have
always been made in China.

that will work until the chinese start asking for the same sort of pay and
benefits we have been having for a while.
see for instance apple's 2 months in india.
day 0 : apple announces that they open a huge development center in bangalore un
a big media splash
day 0+2months : apple quietly retracts, arguing that india's growth in the last
2 years has been too large, and that it became too expensive.

at some point in the future, the whole system will crash. that's a given.