 Off-Topic / Debate / 27863
Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 03:41:24 GMT

Re: LEGO migrating production to Singapore

Harvey Henkelman wrote:
   In China, as well as other third world countries, it’s always easier to deal with

Thomas Main wrote:
   I hate the idea of poor people living in sub-standard conditions making a product for the wealthy living in luxury.

I’d just like to toss in that Singapore is a first world country, not a third world country. It’s more urbanized than Tokyo, a heck of a lot cleaner than New York (where I live), and it has one of the highest per capita GDPs in the world. Go visit! It’s a nice place.

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney
(Very sad to see his friends at TLG go, although glad Jorgen Vig is looking long term.)