 General / 48858
48857  |  48859
Subject:
I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:01:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Now before you climb up onto your high horse, let me begin by saying I love
MOCpages, and I think Sean Kenney is doing the community a great service.

But I hate the users on MOCpages, at least a few of them.

Since I've joined, but over the last six months in particular, I've recieved
bogus, vulgar, obscene and just plain idiotic reviews and ratings to the
creations I have posted there.  Granted, I'm not trying to claim that all my
creations deserve high ratings or high praise, but some of these reviews are
ridiculous.

An example of the most recent lousy review of mine, in my opinion:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1695

Well Mr. Josh Jenkins, it's MY cathedral and it's MY world that I've built.  I
don't care what your preconceived notion about what a Cathedral is and isn't,
rate the model, not the idea.

Well, ok, I'm just venting over that one.  But...

Here are plenty of examples of bogus and possibly vulgar reviews on my Black
Dragon's page:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1682

I've actually requested that several of "BOBO's" reviews be removed from several
of my creations (which they have been) because they were just obscene.

Another Bobo classic
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1686

Oh look, it's Bobo.  Fun.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1683

Here's Josh again.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1700

Another pointless review, nice Job anyway to you too, Josh.

So Sean, buddy, I'm not trying to cheapen your website, cause I really do think
it's a great idea in theory.  But would it be possible to impliment a membership
requirement on reviewing and rating creations?  Without accountability,
anomynity allows for some serious abuses of the system.

If people choose to review a creation without reading the description, or rank
the MOC poorly because of personal problems with the builder, or just giving
worthless reviews in general, I can live with things of that nature.  That's
just they way some people are.

But people like Bobo need to be taken out.  It's free to join MOCPages, so it'd
only be an inconvenience to those who already are members to review or rank a
creation.  But if you had to put your own name and profile attached to a review,
I would bet it would deter the Bobos of the world, at least a little bit.

Sigh...

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, Lugnet.  Sometimes you just need to make a
public display.

--Anthony