 General / 48963
Re: I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Kenney wrote:

   I’ve considered granting MOCpages account holders the ability to delete these reviews from their pages themselves, but (as someone here mentioned) I am afraid that people would abuse this right.

What about granting the ability to turn on and off the review mechanism completely? Personally, though I’m gratified by praise for my MOCs, I really could get along without the whole thing. People can still send feedback to a contact addy if one leaves one. That’s true feedback IMO. Rude comments (that are publicly displayed) are mostly for the amusement of the poster anyway. Since there are always going to be jerks in the world, this type of system will always be abused and exploited.

Besides, don’t you have better things to do with your time than to moderate (if even to a small degree) idiots who don’t have anything nice to say? I’m guessing “yes”:-)

.02,

JOHN