 General / 48896
Re: I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 07:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Keith Goldman wrote:
In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:
But I hate the users on MOCpages, at least a few of them.

I wonder if that includes "Ender Sava", who has left some classic pearls of
wisdom on at least one of my mocpages, and that of my buddy Ryan Rubino's.  Is
he related to you?
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/1808>
I'd put his comments on about the same level as that of Josh Jenkins.  If he's
not your relative, obviously this observation is meaningless, I only suggested
it because on one of my MOCS he reference the fact that his brother was better
than I'd ever be.  Pretty good smack for a youngster.

Not to my knowledge.  The direct relatives we're aware of are few and far
between.  It's only until recently that we've been finding 'Sava's left and
right.  There's actually a Sava who's a news reporter here in Houston (but no
relation).

Bogus, vulgar, obscene and idiotic...that is the beauty of Mocpages, or as I
like to call it Smack-Pages.  Oh, but you forgot threatening....I've my share of
angry soccer-moms, and randoms who have actually threatened to do horrible
things to me.  Now with my mocs and commentary I have to expect that as
something that comes with the territory.  Still, even for your awesome, but
decidedly mellower mocs, I'd rather have a crazy-bobo once in a while, than the
same old glad-handing form-letters you get on lugnet sometimes, where criticism
is sometimes (sometimes) frowned upon.  At least at MOCPages there are no
annoying Hall-Monitor types, high on their tiny slice of authority, who love to
disaprove of anything that doesn't fit their narrow interpretation of humor or
acceptability in general.

True.  Hall-Monitors could become a kill-joy.  I must admit I enjoy reading your
copious Smack as much as I do looking at your incredible amount of grey...
*cough* I mean your awesome MOCs.

Off-Topic, I meant to comment on it before, and I apologize to you that I
didn't.  Your Honjin Stronghold is a fantastic MOC, and has forced me to begin
collecting and hording massive amounts of old grey 1x2 grill bricks.

Yeah, I think you are way off the mark on that review...he wasn't rude or
obscene or anything else you complained about above.  If that review really
bothered you, you might want to re-think posting at all.

Bothered me?  Perhaps.  Annoying for sure.  I got another one just today:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3506#reviews

I highly doubt anyone at LEGO charged with finding 'amazing' MOCs would post
something like that and expect to keep his job.  Annoying.

Another Bobo classic
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1686

Oh look, it's Bobo.  Fun.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1683

Yes, clearly Bobo is an idiot, but as you correctly point out you can delete it.
I don't know...to me if you post a creation to the general public, you shouldn't
get bent out of shape about a comparatively small number of idiots who respond.

Ever since I posted this, I've been bombarded with a review, to each MOC Bobo
(written as BOBO from BOBOWORLD, BTW) reviewed, by someone named King Bob the
Boring (from KingBob Land).  Aside from their nicknames and locations being
supsiciously similar in format, every review from King Bob mentions how much
Bobo is an idiot, or how he was a friend of King Bobs but now he's dead.  I have
a feeling King Bob and Bobo are one in the same, and he's a Lugnetter, if not
simply a lurker.

Another pointless review, nice Job anyway to you too, Josh.

Anthony, again, you've got to grow a thicker skin with some of these guys.  You
know your mocs are good, what do you care what this guy has to say?  He even
says "nice job".  I'd be willing to be that this review stayed with you longer
than "Great job Anthony, you've done it again!"

True, I shouldn't let it get to me.  After getting Slashdotted and all the
lovely criticism I got from that, I suppose my defenses didn't get rebuilt.  My
apologies to you, Josh.

But people like Bobo need to be taken out.

Whoah...and they call me a nazi.

Tolerance is for the week!  MWAHAHAHAHAH!

It's free to join MOCPages, so it'd
only be an inconvenience to those who already are members to review or rank a
creation.  But if you had to put your own name and profile attached to a review,
I would bet it would deter the Bobos of the world, at least a little bit.

Again, noooooooo, don't throw any roadblocks to free speech...there is already
an effective system in place to deal with objectionable reviews.  Let the smack
flow...bathe in it...revel in it...teacher, mother, secret lover.

-Keith (I love MOCPages) Goldman

BTW....I find it much more irritating that your thread has been so rudely
highjacked.

The Smack is strong with this one.  I tried talking Smack, oh Master, but I was
unable to do so.  Everytime I've tried I end up sticking my foot in my mouth,
something I'm just exceedingly good at, and made a lot of enemies here on Lugnet
along the way.  At least I can live vicariously through you and your antics.
You big... dumb... moron.  Yeah.. How's that?

I'm tempted to just delete my MOCPage account and wash my hands of it, let all
you smack-talkers reign free.  I already have a website on which to showcase my
MOCs, and I get enough smack from my weekly "You pathetic virgin with too much
time on your hands and still living in your parent's basement" emails I get
thanks to Slashdot.  Silver lining:  Used to be a daily email, felt like I had a
subscription.  Yeah, it's giving up, letting them win.  Ehh.. screw them.

You know, you do make a good point about free-speach, as I desperately try to
get back on topic.  J. Spencer Rezkalla makes another good point about non-AFOLs
getting to review a MOC.  I guess my suggestions  conflict with the spirit of
MOCPages as much as those who post worthlessly do.

I'm just going to go crawl back into my little medieval world now.  I think the
Black Falcons are getting too upitty, it's time the Crusaders squash their plans
for freedom and democracy once and for all.

--Anthony