 Publishing / 4650
Re: I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:18:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
I agree with your suggestions.  In fact, I think it helps cut down the trash on
Lugnet becuase you have to be registered to post, AND Lugnet always shows your
real name.

I think there's a HUGE amount of merit in that. Sites that allow handles just
aren't as pleasant, everything else being equal, in my view

Yea, we still get trash (and different people will judge what is trash
differently), but it is not nearly as lame as this BOBO character.

I really like MOCpages, too, but yea wouldn't it be great if there could be some
controls on what was thrown into the comments.

Yes, Perhaps only allow registered users to comment for starters. Maybe even
require a donation too before you can comment.

At least registered users, with a real name.  A donation will sort out a lot
more than I would want, I think.

That does bring up a question, though... who are the comments for and what
purpose do they serve? Allowing a lot of commenters means you get more comments.
Restricting who can comment may get you less comments.

Less comments is ok with me.  There are only two comments I like for my MOCs:
  - Simply positive messgaes "Gee that's great"  or "Cool"
  - Constructive and positive feedback
    Even feedback that says "its uninspired, you can do better" is ok (I
actually got that one in person for a moonbase module I made).

I guess if someone is going to comment, it would be nice to know that they
actually cared.  I don't know.

I like to think I build for myself (and my customers, I guess) rather than
random passersby.

Random Lego fans, sure I think I build for them as well as myself.  Completely
random people (aside from Public Show attendees)... not so much.

I totally have no idea where the FUT ought to go. Publish maybe? I dunno.

Publish sounds right.

-Alfred