 General / 48877
Re: I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 02:01:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
...and I hate how when a Post is made like this one, and out of the 14 current
replies only TWO people actually replied on topic.

I'll be number 3, yes, I agree, I was surprised at some of the banter on
MOCpages. It seems to be abused by some people.

On the first note, perhaps if some people AROUND HERE, would not thread Hijack.
At least change the subject line, since you have no regard to the original
author's content. Just hanging your comments off other people's.

This is such an annoying habit some of our members have Bloviating everywhere.

Anthony, your welcome sir, vent away. The rest of you, invent your own posts.

As the self proclaimed king of bloviating (is amazing how you never hear a word
for many years and then twice in the same day, once in a West Wing Ep I just
watched and now here...)

Anyway, (thus reinforcing my bloviation), I only read the creators' description
and look at the pics at MOCpages--I rarely read the responses 'cause  of the
previously mentioned idiotic posts.  I'd much rather spend my time reading the
posts here at LUGNET.

More than that, when there's a 'free posting' system in place, you're going to
get the idiots.  If there's a way to delete their offending posts, avail
yourself of those ways.

Dave K
-who was planning on adding some sort of posting system to his personal website,
but seeing as how that brings out the worst in posters, probably not going to
happen...