 Fun / Gaming / 198
197  |  199
Subject:
big brikwars game...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 17:20:23 GMT

...We were going to do some Brikwars at the East Coast Brikfest (june 9-11, join
lugnet.org.us.wamalug for info), Jeff proposed a 'round the clock/continuous game' kind of
thing. So I'm posting my initial ideas for how to structure this thing to get
feedback/ideas from youse guys.

My idea:  Kinda like a 'king of the hill' scenario.

...I was thinking of a big area with some 'target' spots on it. Players start from any
edge (or maybe some defined 'landing zones') and get points at the end of their turn for
having a minifig alive and kicking uncontested in a target.

...New players can start at any time by just grabbing a squad or two and joining a table
edge. If any player gets wiped out, they can just grab a new squad and join in again
(points keep adding up).

...And to reward good play, perhaps divide their points by how many CPs total they brought
in. So players who bring in huge forces wont necessarily do better than players who bring
in a couple small teams.

possible other things:
...give points for each fig killed (maybe 100 points for a target, 10 pts for a fig?) to
encourage bloodshed :-)

...bonus points for spectacular deaths (small missile takes out 15 figs), best unit,
amazing saves (1 fig survives full onslaught of a heavy mecha), most stoopid thing done,
etc

...some fixed 'neutral' weapons or bunkers that can be operated by whoever happens to get
them (optionally, neutral weapons are indestructible).

hmmmm... all I can think of at the moment

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com