 Gaming / 199
Re: big brikwars game...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 20:04:12 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...We were going to do some Brikwars at the East Coast Brikfest (june 9-11,
join lugnet.org.us.wamalug for info), Jeff proposed a 'round the
clock/continuous game' kind of thing. So I'm posting my initial ideas for how
to structure this thing to get feedback/ideas from youse guys.

My idea:  Kinda like a 'king of the hill' scenario.

...I was thinking of a big area with some 'target' spots on it. Players start
from any edge (or maybe some defined 'landing zones') and get points at the
end of their turn for having a minifig alive and kicking uncontested in a
target.

I was thinking of a "Last man standing" kinda thing.  Basically, just try to
take out all vehicles/troops, and whoever has the most points at the end wins.
Points would be equal to the CPs of the enemy units destroyed.  I've been
thinking about allowing teams/alliances, too, so the person who brings two
hundred troops won't have an overwhelming advantage.

...New players can start at any time by just grabbing a squad or two and
joining a table edge. If any player gets wiped out, they can just grab a new
squad and join in again (points keep adding up).

What if someone fields their entire force at the beginning?  Should there be a
wait time before they can field the same units again, or can they not field
them again at all?

...And to reward good play, perhaps divide their points by how many CPs total
they brought in. So players who bring in huge forces wont necessarily do
better than players who bring in a couple small teams.

This would definitely make the scoring fairer.  A must if there is no limit to
the amount someone is able to field.

possible other things:
...give points for each fig killed (maybe 100 points for a target, 10 pts for
a fig?) to encourage bloodshed :-)

Basing this on the troop's CP would be better, as a trooper with a deathgun is
more of a challenge than one with a pistol.

...bonus points for spectacular deaths (small missile takes out 15 figs), best
unit, amazing saves (1 fig survives full onslaught of a heavy mecha), most
stoopid thing done, etc

This has possibilities...  :)

...some fixed 'neutral' weapons or bunkers that can be operated by whoever
happens to get them (optionally, neutral weapons are indestructible).

Indestructible might not be a good thing...  A smart player could have some
troops hole up in a bunker and make them nigh invincible.  Weapon choice would
play a big part here.  On the other hand, major bonus points could be
awarded...

Jeff