 Gaming / 256
Re: Pirate Game - who wants to play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 20:07:55 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Is that a 2 center section ship or larger? Are the stern chasers under
the poop deck? The game doesn't particularly deal with stern chasers,
but I'd consider allowing a ship to have two stern chasers in place of
one regular cannon. The ship will have a lesser ability to fight ships
to the side or ahead, but would have a superior capability to fire to
the rear.

As a class 6 ship this could actually have one more cannon (the way
Steve runs the game, broadside firing cannon can be used on either side
- I see no problem with the actual model having cannon for both sides,
but when a cannon is hit, a pair would be destroyed, and you can only
fire each pair once per turn).

I'll have to go throught he rules a bit, i think. The Wraith is a Class 6, two center
sections. Therefore, if I remove my redundant broadside cannon I have 6, which includes
the 2 stern chasers. I defer to the GM, of course, but we can discuss it at the Fest.

Do you want to supply some islands

I have one I could bring but I'll need to figure out how to pack it up. It's a 32x32
baseplate from Pirates Perilous Pitfall with a fort mounting 4 cannon plus a 32x16
plate attached for the docks.

Sounds like a nice fort. If we set up before you get there (most
likely), I'll just chose a location and have it surrounded by a storm
until you arrive...

I will attempt a new land speed record...

Thanks Frank,
SteveC