 Gaming / 254
Re: Pirate Game - who wants to play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:05:45 GMT

Stephen A. Campbell wrote:
Are you willing to help GM

Gee, I think just about everyone is willing to GM...

Sharrr!

What ships would you like to bring

I have an RBR derivative called the Wraith mounting 3 cannon per side, 1 swivel
turret on the bow, and 2 stern chasers.

Is that a 2 center section ship or larger? Are the stern chasers under
the poop deck? The game doesn't particularly deal with stern chasers,
but I'd consider allowing a ship to have two stern chasers in place of
one regular cannon. The ship will have a lesser ability to fight ships
to the side or ahead, but would have a superior capability to fire to
the rear.

As a class 6 ship this could actually have one more cannon (the way
Steve runs the game, broadside firing cannon can be used on either side
- I see no problem with the actual model having cannon for both sides,
but when a cannon is hit, a pair would be destroyed, and you can only
fire each pair once per turn).

Do you want to supply some islands

I have one I could bring but I'll need to figure out how to pack it up. It's a 32x32
baseplate from Pirates Perilous Pitfall with a fort mounting 4 cannon plus a 32x16
plate attached for the docks.

Sounds like a nice fort. If we set up before you get there (most
likely), I'll just chose a location and have it surrounded by a storm
until you arrive...

My plans right now are to travel Saturday morning so my ETA will be between 10 am
and 12 noon on Saturday. But don't wait up for me.

Sounds fine. Since I really want to do something along the lines of the
campaign game, players can drop in at any time...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com