 Gaming / 206
Re: Pirate Game (was Re: big brikwars game..)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 13:32:01 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
Stephen F Roberts wrote:

...We were going to do some Brikwars at the East Coast Brikfest (june 9-11,
join lugnet.org.us.wamalug for info), Jeff proposed a 'round the
clock/continuous game' kind of thing. So I'm posting my initial ideas for
how to structure this thing to get feedback/ideas from youse guys.

Would there be an interest in the Pirate Game also? I'd be willing to
run that (and can provide plenty of ships). That would be another good
round the clock type game.

Oooh!!  Yes, I'd be interested!  Hmmm...  I'd have to make some Pirate ships
for it...  Would Airships (a la Final Fantasy) be okay?  ;)

Airships probably wouldn't fit in too well. The Pirate Game is
relatively non-fantastic (though not totally so).

Definitely colour me there and interested, even if I *can't* use _Gloire_.  ;)  I
can put together other ships on fairly short notice.  I'll even give 'em two boats
each, so I can kedge around.  Oh, and I can bring some snakes if we want to make a
horrid, horrid Snake Island.

Depending on how many players we have, I may be able to supply all the
ships. I can almost certainly supply all the mini-figs (I have something
like 1200 Pirate theme mini-figs).

To minimize issues of what stuff belongs to whom, I'd be inclined to
keep as much of the small stuff which gets moved around to coming from a
single collection. Ships and scenery on the other hand are a little
easier to keep track of.

I will contact Steve and see if I can shake out the GM charts, otherwise
we'll have to wing those. I can probably get him to send me a photocopy
(I've been waiting for like a year no for them to show up on the web).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com