 Gaming / 221
Re: Pirate Game - who wants to play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:56:10 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
Stephen F Roberts wrote:

Would there be an interest in the Pirate Game also? I'd be willing to
run that (and can provide plenty of ships). That would be another good
round the clock type game.

I'm all over this!  (Is that common vernacular, or do I need to explain that
I'm very interested?)

You have any details yet?  Can I run an island full of exotic dangers that they
have to land on and recover something from?

If so, can I run the island and non-affiliated ships during the ship phase?
Just so I don't get bored during the twelve hours of Ship to Ship combat?

I'm really excited about this gathering!

I think at this point it would be helpfull to get an idea of who all
wants to play so we can start to get an idea if this should be a
definite and how much space we might need (of course how much space we
can have is up to the Brikfest organizers...). To facilitate this, I'd
like the following info:

Name
How long do you want to play (1)
Have you played before
Are you willing to help GM (2)
What ships would you like to bring
Do you want to supply some islands (3)
What else would you like to bring

(1) as long as possible, a few hours, half the day
(2) take a spell to relieve me, play NPC ships and islands, or whatever
(3) if you want to supply a specialty island, either you should help GM
or we need to figure out how to deal with your knowledge about it, of
course if you want to leave specifics up to the GMs, that's fine also

If we go for a long game, I would envision set up Friday
afternoon/evening (if we go for a long day, I'll take Friday off so I
can get up there by the afternoon) and game all Saturday. If we go with
a shorter game, we could set up Saturday morning and play in the
afternoon. Tear down should probably occur Saturday night but could
occur Sunday morning.

See my other post about ship building details if you want to build
ships. If we go for a long game, we will need a port or two or three if
anyone wants to build them (they can also just be designated areas, but
I have an idea for a pirate base which I may build).

Unless we have a huge game, I reccomend that we use just my minifigs,
treasure, and possibly even cannon (though we can use cotton tufts to
indicate out of commission cannon so we don't have to take them off your
ship). I have something like 1200 pirate theme minifigs including a fair
number of blue soldiers, a decent number of red, a decent number of
armada, and a hefty islander population (if someone really wants to play
islanders as a real competive position, I would consider coming up with
some ideas to make them more competitive [they just have small ships
without cannon]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com