 Trains / 22863 (-100)
  Re: Trains logo - need scan

Tim - simply outstanding! Thank you very much! Bryan "Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:HwuADs.17Lq@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) Dave, Aren't this: (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's BR24 instructions

(...) There's always the night as well :D (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) That squares with my recollection as well. (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains logo - need scan

(...) Well, this sounded like a worthy cause, so I scanned a Train Logo from an old catalogue at 300dpi, cleaned it up in Paint Shop Pro, and uploaded it to Brickshelf for your viewing pleasure: (URL) Strutt (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's BR24 instructions

(...) Hello Tim, I feel sorry for being too fast.... ;-) In fact that has been my third instruction I did with LPub and I fear it might be the last one for quite a while. It is simply too time cosuming to do such an instruction and additionally I am (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Containers!

Just thought I'd share these shots: (each thumb links to the referenced pic at Brickshelf) (10 URLs) BFDC'03 TCLTC SPLTC MSLTC FGLTC Indylug rtlT LUCNY WAMALTC GFLTC NALUG NGLTC BayLTC NELUG GMLTC NCLTC SCLTC GtwLUG LCLTC VLC That's 19 different (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains logo - need scan

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately this logo is rather small and won't scale up without a lot of pixelation. Anyone else have a good, high resolution scan of the Lego Trains logo? Bryan "M. Moolhuysen" <moom@NOSPAM-chello.nl> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

snipping* (...) Hi, You could try something along this line: John Deere Model A tractor, non Aero version, Approx system scale. (URL) While it works I would love to know a better way too! Thanks Troy (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains logo - need scan

(...) I haven't found the first one bearing the steam engine silhouette, but the second logo, although with noticeably larger lettering, is available near the top left corner of Lugnet's Train news page: (URL) to me this logo seems to be a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Trains logo - need scan

Does anyone have a nice high quality scan of the Lego Trains logo? In particular - I'm looking for the logo that appears in the upper left of this page: (URL) the more common: (URL) help with this is appreciated. I'm doing some re-organizing for my (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  BrickTopia - Road & Rail Cargo Center

Here is the latest BrickTopia skyscraper - A road & rail cargo terminal: (URL) BrickTopia Page: (URL) are appreciated. (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ben's BR24 instructions

(...) Very nice work Ben! Can't wait to see it on the BIP! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.inst)

  Ben's BR24 instructions

Sorry to steal Ben's thunder, I have just seen the instructions he has uploaded to Brickshelf ((URL) had downloaded his ldraw file for this and was working on putting it in a suitable order for instructions. Oh well, that will teach me for being (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  [Press Release] BayLTC Showing in Pleasanton for 32 Days

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.western)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Thank you Tim! I have added this reference, and the one Rosco found: (URL) to the header of the group. (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) 4-4-4's most definitely existed, considering that one (F1a) holds the North American steam speed record (on rails, not total...that belonges to a steam car). Jubilee class, CPR. The wheel arrangement was also used on some tank engines, and at (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) The normal one I have heard (& read) about them being called is blind drivers. Certanly more than just the 9F Starship had blind drivers- at least one british 0-4-4 had a blind trailing axle too...figure that one out. CPR 2-8-0's that were (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Always in the mood to save you, the consumer, bricks!

So I tweaked my motorized switching mechanism for the train wyes a bit. Got it down to 5 bricks/2 plates high, and mostly all just basic bricks, plates and a few technic pieces... Anyway, if you're so inclined to motorize your switches, here's an (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Resource books for locomotive modellers at train show

I bought a couple of books today at a model rail show in Derby, UK. Model Railroader Cyclopedia Volume 1 - Steam Locomotives ($49.95) and Model Railroader Cyclopedia Volume 2 - Diesel Locomotives ($37.95). These books contain scale drawings of their (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.books)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) The British standard class 9F 2-10-0 (250 built) had no flanges on the 3rd set of driving wheels and thin flanges on the 2nd and 4th sets. Two or three of these locos survive. They are widely seen as one of the best heavy freight locos in (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

I was burried for weeks perivious to BrickFest PDX and then I was in recovery mode for several weeks after... I must have missed it. :) Great model! (As always) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Steve, You are trying to be funny, aren't you? You did miss a flurry of activity, but I'll be shameless and reannounce mine. (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Yes, the first locomotives for the Hollandsche IJzeren Spoorweg Maatschappij (Dutch Iron Railway Company) were 2-2-2 (1A1 in European notation). The drivers had no flanges. Source: De Breedspoor lokomotieven van de H.IJ.S.M. (The wide gauge (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Curious Kids' Museum Show - Caslte, Town/Train, Space & Aquazone

MichLUG was pleased to display at the Curious Kids' Museum for a second year running during their annual LEGO creation contest. This year we assembled displays for four seperate themes. The Space and Aquazone were a little on the small side and we (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) And even an (URL) (couldn't use BBB wheels for that, the (URL) large spoked wheels> would do) Tim (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) (URL) Indeed>. Not the be-all and end-all, but a fairly comprehensive list. ROSCO (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) Remember: when someone says a prototype existed, he's probably right. When someone says a prototype never existed, he's probably wrong. :-) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) (URL) Nonsense> JOHN (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(URL) a newer version of my steam loco--I think it's a little more in line with other steam locomotives--it's now a 4-4-0, instead of a 4-4-4 (which, I'm told, never existed...) The modifications also had the additional feature of reducing the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) I had read your solution but I have to admit it didn't make sense to me at the time as I don't generally use the technic part you listed. Seeing the pics makes perfect sense. Very slick solution. It also has the advantage of being 6 wide. I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) You're right. I had seen the catalog entry on Bricklink but never actually checked it out. None for sale..No ever sold.... Lotsa people have 'em on their wish list though. :) Mike (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) I thought I'd figured this one out at the time: (URL) Though admittedly, yours is a plate lower than mine. Do current postboxes have hollow studs or not? Mind you, current technic 1x5 plates don't have holes in the end... Jason Railton (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

(...) Or the red 1637 or 1837 (1) livery :-) Niels Karsdorp (1) In 1999 the Dutch railway stock was split between NS Reizigers (Passengers) and NS Cargo (Freight). The locomotives class 1600 for NS Reizigers were renumbered to class 1800, keeping (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) I believe that the 1 x 4 tile was never made without a groove. (Grooves were introduced almost a decade before the 1x4 tile first appeared.) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Re: French locomotive in beton livery....

(...) Thanks Gianluca :-)) Didier Enjary 6studs...and more (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) I'm out of my league here - SNOT is very not me and neither are trains :), but I figured this was too good to pass up. I don't know if Mike can do it, but I just did it in 2 2/3 bricks and 4 studs wide, opening sideways :) Here's the pics to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

(...) Indeed you did. But (and you're probably going to hate me for hurting your brain like this), can you make it open...sideways? (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Re: French locomotive in beton livery....

(...) Nooo...ooo! (...) Well, okay:-) Phew, I thought we had lost one of the "good guys"! :-) I patiently await the sister;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Flush mounted access hatch that opens up

Aha! I had an epiphany. When I posted this hack: (URL) question was raised if it could be done so the door opens up. The height is identical to the original. 3 bricks high. The first picture is a little fuzzy but the second has the guts of it any (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  NCLTC @ Raleigh GATS April 24-25

On April 24th and 25th the North Carolina LEGO® Train Club (NCLTC) will be participating in the Great American Train Show (GATS) at the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, North Carolina. The NCLTC train layout is constructed (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: French locomotive in beton livery....

BTW I added a pic that explains how the only two snotted details are made: (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  French locomotive in beton livery....

Having seen Reinard's 20 wide dutch locomotive, I immediately tought about realizing the long (by me) loved french version (it was the loco in my first Lima toy train!). (Didier, you asked for it...here it is ;-P) If you know me, you'll be (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

(...) AWESOME work! First 1600-style Dutch engine I've seen in LEGO that truly manages to capture the right shape of the nose. (And no, 1876 is not a real number... the Almelo is 1618 but who cares. See (URL) for a list of names/numbers) As for 6-8 (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Still working on it. I had my sights set on a 1E steam engine (2-10-0) but the frame is the bottleneck, am almost there getting it through curves. (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) I'm glad it uses only the pump cylinders, which means that if the water causes the seals to fail over time it doesn't impact any other components. I tried to make a fire engine once, using the old pneumatic system with a non-return valve and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) I've got a 4-6-4 in the works, with all three drivers tied together. I ended up grinding off the flanges on the trailing wheels. Although deflanging the center pair produces less overhang over the track, it forced my leading truck to have to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

I googled for Luttermoller as an articulation method I knew used blind drivers and got this page (URL) up a website level gave this page, (URL) which should give lots of inspiration Tim (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

(...) I liked it so much I downloaded the whole brickshelf folder (using a handy program). I'm stating the obvious here, but you could always mate Lego with commercial bogies and track in the appropriate scale. Now that would be cool. Steve (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

Hi, Just to say : great ! I really enjoy (I would appreciate a french SNCF livery :-)) Will you participate LegoWorld 2004 with this model ? Merci et A bientôt Salut Juste pour dire : superbe ! J'aime beaucoup (J'apprécierais une livrée SNCF) (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

Wow... Cool! It's huge. It's a beauty. Jeroen (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: sliding door

Hello, This is really cute (or cool and clever, as John put it). From what I can see it is even more playable than LEGO's original train doors, and very suitable for any modern high speed train. It inspired me to come up with a way to make it still (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

I made my own flangeless wheels: (URL) made a small lathe with a Technic axle, bricks and a 9v motor. Using a razor blade I turned the flanges off. Took about 10 minutes per wheel. Robert (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) This is the prototypical term, at least in US practice, as far as I know. (...) Never heard of any of these used in US practice (...) Yes, real locomotives. I don't know of any non locomotive applications where this was necessary. I googled (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) The tool to make BBB wheels without flanges is in the works right now. The toolmaker I use is busy and it will be about three months before I have unflanged wheels for sale. On that note, is there a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

Nice work! Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about dividing up the length of the engine; where 1/2 is the cord of the curve and the remaining 2/4's are evenly split on both sides of the pivot points as you have done. Ben has shaved down the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  20-Wide model of a Dutch train

well Dutch.... Ok, based on the French BB7200.... but it's the Dutch railways yellow version, oh yeah: and it has the crest of the city I grew up: Almelo. Don't know if 1876 is a real existing train number, but what the heck. Hello all you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Re: rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos - scenery

(...) Some great scenery in your layout. I notice that you guys build it quite thin, with technic beams for support. There aren't as many thicknesses of bricks as there are in the statue kits. So far I've built just one piece of scenery as an (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) That is just great. I feel a boxcar coming on. Thanks for sharing Chucko (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) It actually pumps the water. A large part of the design problem was getting the system to pump an amount of water that wasn't too much and wasn't too little. I'd have to say that the final result was a triumph of trial and error:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) I like the steamers. The connecting rods will be a challenge. You could do with BBB blanks for the middle driving wheels. Having done quite a few British trains (pics at (URL) ), I'm branching out into American trains now, and plan to build a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam going out of .trains?

(...) I think the robotics discussions are often a bit deep, especially about software details. Pneumatics are alive and well! Like you, I've not posted much here for long, just 12 postings last year. When I had just 15 minutes a day online before (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

Oops, forgot to x-post to others who may appreciate train things... rtlToronto Train Show April 17 - 18th (...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Dave K (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) Oh wow, I need to let the caffeine I'm having for breakfast start to work before I try to understand this... Very cool, very clever - and well disguised from the outside of the train. Great job! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  sliding door

hi this is a train with a sliding door: (URL) looking at the train we don't see the door because it looks like an ordinary window. This image shows the mechanism: (URL) uses two special plates to control the door movement. See the detail in this (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) Is his system actually pumping water through the pistons, or is he using air pressure from them to push water through tubes? (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) That's pretty neat! It will be interesting to see if there's any deterioration of the pneumatic pumps over time, especially the seals. ROSCO (added .technic) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Steam going out of .trains?

(...) More other online places, if I just look at myself since my start at LUGNET there have been - 1000Steine.de - Lowlug.nl - For many people their own LUG So that IMHO would surely account for a drop in postings. And like we discussed last year, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Hi! I have been building two steamers so far: (URL) and: (URL) Hope you like them! Henrik (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam going out of .trains?

Hi All, Though I've only been posting in .trains for about a year or so, in that time it seems to me that traffic in this group has dropped off somewhat. To confirm my suspicions I went into the archives and determined the number of posts for each (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ATTN GMLTC

Please contact me... I have something for you. (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

Check this one out! About 6 years ago, John Gerlach of the GMLTC had built a fountain that actually pumped water using the technic pneumatic system. Well, this captured the imagination of my then 8 year old son Ross, and he set his mind to building (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  BBB Wheels

Hi All, I have been wondering what people have been building with the BBB steam driver wheels... (maybe I missed 'em if they have been posted before) SteveB (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vault shots from lowlug.nl

(...) SNIP (...) First: welcome at Lowlug! THE discussion forum in the Netherlands. Now for the pics: lots of these are mine. So I think I should shed some light on them. A few weeks ago Legoland Billund had it's season-opening, and a group of Dutch (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vault shots from lowlug.nl

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:Hw9K6J.4G6@lugnet.com... (...) The pictures of the shelves and shelves of LEGO boxes are definitely their vault. Steve Barile showed similar pictures after a visit to LEGO HQ. Frank (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Vault shots from lowlug.nl

I found this link on the "Lego User Group of the Lowlands" site at (URL) appears that these are some shots from inside some sort of "Vault" or museum at Billund. Photo Albums: (URL) about some Pirates? (URL) like Trains? (URL) forget Town. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Acually having FD in the begining of the abbreviation is rather rare. John you are correct, usually it is LAFD. I volunteer at an exception, FDLT--Fire Department of Liberty Township. And am working on getting my Fire Department of Lego (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Brisbane Lego Train Group - Display

x-posted from .loc.au I would like to announce that the BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group) are just about to take part in their 5th Train Show in just over 2 weeks time. The annual Train and Hobby show is being held at the RNA showgrounds on the May (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Ah, yes. My error. (I wish I could say I was trying to be funny). I understand now. All makes sense. (...) Poor would be the operative word... (...) I'd love to see your version of a ladder truck at some point. I am hoping that TLG follows up (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Yes that it is John, you are correct! (...) TDA, Tractor Drawn Apparatus, Tiller, lol Josh (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

Here's a look at a mountain created by Jeramy Spurgeon and me last September. mostly made of burps, plus it has a waterfall. Hope you like it. (URL) has a lot of the features that everyone has been talking about in these post. Brian D (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) lol To even have been confused with them is a high compliment indeed. Thanks! (...) You are either a card (who needs to be dealt with;-) or I was hopelessly inarticulate. What I meant is that the LEGO sticker uses the same acro form as the New (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) I was checking this out on Brickshelf. At first, I thought it was from one of the exceptional builders you mention, but then looked and thought "It's bigger than usual" :o) Very nice. You have some great detail there. Nice SNOT John. Stickers (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) I'd also suggest more trans-clear/blue brick as well. And just so you all know, it took me about 5+ times to get both of the pond fed watter falls the way that I liked them on both of mountains that I have done. It's not an easy thing to do, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

"Rob Hendrix" <rhendrix@cei.net> wrote in message news:Hw49E2.1pwn@lugnet.com... (...) Bueller? Bueller? As I told Rob on IM last night, I recall discussion where someone in France actual received the source code from Matthew Bates a number of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) of (...) I have (...) That was one thing I liked about my coastal cliff scene. The tunnels really do travel through something impassible. (...) mountain. (...) cleft (...) makes (...) of (...) Definitely. I like the use of trans light blue, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

Track Designer source code??? Anyone??? (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) I agree with other posters about the nice things about your mountain, as well as the not so nice things. Here's the biggie... shape and size Railroads avoid mountains like the plague as they are expensive to get over around or through. (for (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Thanks! And no bricks were harmed in the making :P Good to see you on the boards again! -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Thanks. This is what I liked best about it too!! (...) Yep. Where do creeks start from - a crack in a rock? (...) It's blue. (...) Space constraints - but you're right, it looks contrived that way. (...) Definately. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) You're alive!! How have you been? -Tim XFUT -> .people (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.people)

  Re: Micro-scale coal-train

(...) Very nice, thanx for sharing! This shows a good use of Bionicle parts in the 'real lego world' ;-P Now you only have to collect some more of these knee-caps to create a respectable length coal train, and due to the microscale, you don't needs (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Nice job! Rich (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Simple RC Throttle

(...) I believe a full sized motor was used, and I believe it was MichLTC's own Steve Ringe at the meeting before last. There may have been others though. (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Simple RC Throttle

Just another thought or two... I tried running a non-DCC locomotive (i.e. one with a regular train motor :-) by hooking the RC receiver's output directly to the track. You get 3 speeds forward and reverse: real slow, medium, and full speed. No doubt (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Simple RC Throttle for LDCC

Having recently acquired the 8376 Hot Flame RC Car... [LEGOSet 8376] ...it didn't take too long before I got to thinking about how this bit of gadgetry might be useful in the train environment. :-) So, here's the idea: (URL) Yep, that's a micromotor (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Micro-scale coal-train

Hi, This is my first venture into trains. When I saw the new Bionicles, I imidiately thought of the knee-caps as small coal waggons from the old Welsh coalmining trains. I've made a small attempt at making this into a micro-scale coal-train (1 wide (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:Hw1E5M.10F@lugnet.com... (...) style for (...) so I (...) for that (...) more (...) Easy access to rear in case of a derailment. Well assembled. Great color mixing. Lots of detail. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

There is a great new set out, (URL) 4857> that features an EMS vehicle with some wicked cool stickers bearing the acro FDLL, as the New York Fire Departments do (I thought it was so cool that I even printed some FDLL t-shirts, but more on those (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact