 Trains / 22847
Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:41:27 GMT

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain1.htm

Showing a newer version of my steam loco--I think it's a little more in line
with other steam locomotives--it's now a 4-4-0, instead of a 4-4-4 (which, I'm
told, never existed...)

4-4-4's most definitely existed, considering that one (F1a) holds the North
American steam speed record (on rails, not total...that belonges to a steam
car).  Jubilee class, CPR. The wheel arrangement was also used on some tank
engines, and at least one other railroad.  Not common, but so what?

James