 Trains / 22833
Re: Flush mounted access hatch that opens up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:03:54 GMT

   I thought I’d figured this one out at the time:

Though admittedly, yours is a plate lower than mine.

Do current postboxes have hollow studs or not? Mind you, current technic 1x5 plates don’t have holes in the end...

Jason Railton

I had read your solution but I have to admit it didn’t make sense to me at the time as I don’t generally use the technic part you listed. Seeing the pics makes perfect sense. Very slick solution. It also has the advantage of being 6 wide. I also didn’t need to add the jumpers on the bottom, although it does bring it up to 3 bricks high which saves plate when filling in around it.

As to solid or hollow studs on new containers I’m not sure. Peeron lists the open stud from 1982-2004. The solid stud isn’t listed on peeron at all and Bricklink only has it in one inventory so I would guess open stud is the new form.

Mike