 Trains / 21063 (-100)
  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) I'm not really there yet, just couldn't resist the Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow metaphor. -Brian (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) Receiving IR commands from a Lego Remote, IR Tower or possibly another RCX. They're not DCC signals, but LDCC IRP messages. Roughly the same data, different medium and different protocol. (...) LDCC IRP is still unstable, but it will support (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

Hi, (...) I'm having a bit of difficulty to understand what you are trying to do, as I know Lejos but not the DCC/train side of things. In particular, on which side do you want to use Lejos, sending those remote commands from an RCX or from a PC? (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) I re-used a function to send command packets to the RCX that was designed for use with the original firmware, so it toggles the 0x08 bit of any repeated opcode bytes. Mark pointed this out to me when I was developing Full Throttle, but then he (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) This has been (URL) discussed before> but I totally agree that A: Six wide is a bit too narrow to represent anywhere B: American trains need to to be wider, they are so much bigger than UK trains(with mainland Europe somewhere in between) If I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  leJOS & LDCC IRP

Brian B. Alano wrote: I'm writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. I've been testing it against Full Throttle. It works fine with the speed controls, but doesn't even seem to see packets for the function commands, stop, or power (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) Yes, it would be nice, plus the two or three unused sensors... I'm happy enough with the LDCC firmware as a DCC encoder (pleased as punch, really). But it "would be nice" if it were implemented as a library or patch to an existing brick OS (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: BeLUG First Show EVER

(...) Please use the MOCpages links and take the trouble to vote and/or review if you have the time …I’ll be adding captions at a later time … Day 1 (URL) Day 1 continued (URL) (...) The Day 1 gallery is now available too .... SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Thanks for further describing this aspect of the rendering. I had not noticed that! You've got better eyes than I do. (...) Gasp! Thanks for looking at the poster with a critical eye. And, no, you weren't (especially) strange the other day-- (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Trock Trick! :-) (...) I agree wholeheartedly. I would never leave LEGO track outside at the mercy of the elements, which is why I'm going to utilize G scale track which can and is designed to do. And BTW, I'd never heard of connecting dual (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) over bricks are held in place with styrene tube the same diameter as a Lego stud. I use this technique frequently as the tube is so inexpensive (available at any well-stocked hobby shop) and opens up so many possibilities. My favorite use is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) <snip lots of great links> Brian, Thanks for posting about some of your recent creations. All so good! Love that large-scale display. Particularly favour the truck design on this bi-level car: (URL) for the descriptions and highlights. Awesome (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

Frank, It's so wonderful to be remembered. Yes I'm still around... although the Royal Train website hasn't been updated in a long time. In 2002 I decided to devote my (very) limited Lego time to getting the Northern Illinois Lego Train club up and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

I've been wondering that as well. Brian's layout is an excellent blend of castle and train. This picture: (URL) simply stunning. But it is not for purists! Custom labels are used throughout. (Gasp!) Bryan "Frank Buiting" <felsir@chello.nl> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Hi John, It took me a while to realise what you meant with the comment on the Eurostar, but I took a closer look and now I see what you mean. I think the distortion comes from using a extreme wide lens for this picture. This gives it a great (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BeLUG First Show EVER

BeLUG Ingelmunster photos. This was the first show by the new BeLUG and it was really a prep show for LegoWorld2003 later in October. It tool place at a Hobbies Fair in a small town called Ingelmunster in Flanders (Belgium) over the weekend of 5th (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Even on British trains (more so on American), the wheels are less visible than with 6-wide Lego trains due to the vehicles being wider than the track. For some of the engines I haven't been able to put the wheels where they should be due to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  The royal train website?

Does anyone know what happened to Brian Williams' excellent Royal Train site? ((URL) ) The last update was january 2001 and I'm really curious what the complete layout looks like. -Frank (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Wow that a cool poster! Makes me want to finish my MOC of a high speed train... only have one car right now:( Build on... Robin W (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Thanks, James... And it's really cool how the new engine shed matches my RobRail livery... I hope to add more trains to my fleet soon. Robin W (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) James, Thanks and you can bet we will have something cool on display! This is just a test display for me, I plan on building something bigger and better each time. BTW KK Quah gets the display in October, so that means I get the display back (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Brian, Thanks, KK Quah and I plan on having monthly LIC displays over the next few years... Maybe you’ll make it down sometime, you never know. Robin W (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Yes, give me some time... I am working on a RobRail web site with all of my trains. Robin W GFLTC/GFLUG (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: Kudos to the work of James and Jeroen! This train poster is again a masterpiece of your work. I am just trying to improve my knowledge on POV-ray these days - even the more I admire your brilliant works! With (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) It almost looks like some lens effect to me... but indeed it looks a bit odd. But otherwise awesome work again by both James and Jeroen! (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Nope, that's not it. I'm looking more at the red stripe between the yellow nose and the black roof. The right side (of the image) is higher than the left side, so it looks like the train is leaning hard into a right-hand curve. Looking at it (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) The black roof above the cab of the Eurostar uses the (URL) dual-low-roof-slope 3x3, 3675.dat>. This is different from the other TGV designs. Perhaps this difference tricks your eyes? And, perhaps it is not the best LEGO(R) element design (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Very pretty, I especially like the map for the background. Maybe it's me, but the Eurostar just doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't the roofline above the windshield slope down and right, instead of down and left? Look at the black slopes or (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Robin, Nice mix of MOCs with Officials. Good job on creating a lively scene in such a small space. You've definitely got great diesel design power. I'm enjoying the continuation of your RobRail road-name and livery. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered.... + first time use of radiosity!

Ben, Simply stunning. Beautiful. Well deserved for the hard work to learn these tools. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

Jeroen has designed the layout and rendering for another train poster. Featured are 5 of my TGV train sets: View the (URL) TGV poster and all the other MOC posters>. TGV Duplex: Bi-level passenger cars. TGV Sud Est: The bold original orange livery (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered.... + first time use of radiosity!

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Hi again! Sorry for posting in reply for an own posting of mine. Less then 4 month after my first steps into the world of virtual LEGO® bricks, I have now done the next step and tried to get into the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

(...) Great job Robin. I'm hoping y'all will having something cool for me to see in the display around Thankgiving when I'll be in Orlando. (so get working on it now :) jt (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Hello Mark- I enjoyed viewing your trains-- I also build 8wide+, but I have calculated my scales a little differently than you have. Though the gauge of LEGO track "says" virtually 1 stud = 1 foot (about 10 wide), I abandoned that scale almost (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

Here's a link to pictures of my Lego trains www.brickshelf.com/c...gi?f=35408 These are the trains (with others) that will be running at the NEC, Birmingham in December. All are built to (approximate) 8mm:1ft scale - usually 8-wide plus extra bits. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  "Percy" MOC with some clever techniques

I said pretty much everything I wanted to say on the MOCpage: (2 URLs) Briefly, it is a collaborative effect between me and Ross, but you've got to check out a couple of Ross' unique innovations-- quite clever indeed! JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lets Talk Trains...

World Talk Radio airs a show called 'Let's Talk Trains' every Saturday from 1PM to 3PM EST. Anyone with an interest in trains and railroads are invited to call in to the show. Last week, I was a featured guest caller...listen to the show archives at (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Robin, Fantastic stuff as usual! Once again your attention to detail really makes your creations something special. I only wish that orlando wasn't so far south. Thanks for posting the pics for us northeners to take a look see. Brian ----- Original (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Got any more pics of the AC6000? Josh (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Well it’s time for the next monthly installment of GFLUG/GFLTC displays at the LEGO® Imagination Center (LIC) in Orlando, Florida. This display features a mix of My Own Creations (MOCs) and available LEGO® World City sets. So here is my new LIC (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX) !

  RE: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) OK, I've looked at your wish list and have the following comments with respect to how I see the pbForth implementation of DCC. 1. How important is it to have more than one port with DCC capabilities. The reason I'm asking is that it "would be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) I've been thinking about this one. In the current state of LDCC, a fully automated and LDCC-integrated (and pure LEGO) crossing gate could look something like this (ASCII art follows): Train presence sensor------+-------+ + RCX 1 | (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) My first one had the elastic, but Steve Martin said it was ugly. Well, okay, he actually said something like it looked realistic, but his face had ugly written all over it. :) I agree about the jamming 66 2/3% (see (URL) fact is that the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) Hmmm. I was seriously considering writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. (Here's why: (URL) ) What capabilities were you going to add? Depending on your timeline, you might convince me to try FORTH. (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) Argh! Yes, you are right. I was asumimg that since the standard firmware can send arbitrary packets (that is right, isn't it?), it ought to be able to receive them as well. Time to consider alternate firmware. (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Non Lego] Train set derails house sale

(...) Just so seriously cool ... and I wish him luck in finding a buyer who appreciates it ... (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) Very nice and compact, but I would have to agree with other posts that you should use an elastic between the motor and the gate arm. The other point I learned the hard way, is that unless you are using an RCX1, you need to program (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) The only parts I could find it in Ldraw have the logo at an angle, not sure how useful they would be. I was pretty sure it also came in a larger form, on the side of a container with the 4x3 panels, but I can't find it in Ldraw. Some larger (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Med Blue Transfer Semi & Maersk container Chassis

My newest Semi, a Transfer Cab, used for local shipments orginating in an Intermodal yard... Also shown in tow is a 20ft container chassis, and yes its Maersk Blue! (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) *snip* You mean RCX w/light sensor as one option and DCC as another option? How would you tie in the logic for it, if not using manual controls via DCC? Just curious. (...) Excellent point - take James' advice on this! Ed (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) To clarify, I would have traced it as a vector graphic, so it can be scaled to any size needed. The pattern is rather simple and lends itself well to this anyway. Using LDraw might work. What parts use it, specifically? I know that some (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  [Non Lego] Train set derails house sale

I'm sorry if this is a little OT From the (URL) BBC>: "A train buff emigrating to Australia is bequeathing a £50,000 (~$80,000) model railway set in his garden of his home to whoever buys the house. Gordon Archer has spent more than eight years (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) If one is to be created from scratch, it would probably better to do it using the LDraw pattern if it's high fidelity enough, and just render it large, then scale and replicate, rather than scanning and tracing. I know I've seen this kicking (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) I can make you one if you want. My scanner's broken, though, so I'll need someone to give me a scan of that logo up close. It's easier to trace the logo from a scan than to draw it freehand. (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) You could also simply swap the LM317 for a heavier type (LM317K for instance), which could give you around 1000mA uncooled without much issues. Together with Klaas Meijaard we cut up an old home computer power supply, giving 2*11VAC at 22 VA, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New poll: how do you handle building interiors, backsides

Hi all, I figured I'd try putting up a poll for those of you who build buildings. I guess the main question I'm getting at is do you build buildings more for display (how they look as backdrop for your brickfilm or train layout or whatever), or more (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) I thought Sonnich was playing with such a background at one point but I may be misremembering. Hope that helps. (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  source of <-O-> background

Hello everyone, We are working on a new webpage. One of the Lego train sites had a background made of repeated faint <-O-> as seen on some of the Lego trains. I would like to borrow the pattern (if alright with the original designer), but Ican't (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) Being British I'm not too familiar with American trains (yet), Though I know about the multiple engines in real life. I would intend to triple head trains in a similar way when I have made enough American engines! The motor duty limitation is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Additions to the ILTCO Library, and a call for a librarian

ILTCO is pleased to announce some additions to the ILTCO library. Many of the presentations given during the train sessions at BrickFest 2003 have been archived and are available for your reading pleasure here. (URL) include presentations on - (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: 12v track cleaning solution!

(...) since I never heard of a relco I searched for it and found this page: (URL) the/a relco isnt really cleaning your track. It is just eliminating bad contact spots for a while and it will even get more dirt on the tracks. So although it seems (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train motor stopping

(...) Hi Allan, check out this posting (URL) lots of the other postings in this whole thread. I think you will find the answer to your question there. Leg Godt! Ben P.s.: In the end you might be more of another victim of the "Super Friction (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  12v track cleaning solution!

Hi Folks, Posts are regularly made about how to keep 12V conductor rails clean, as the motor bogie does not like much dirt. My solution is to use a 'Relco' unit, as sold for use on model railways. It requires a 16v AC supply. The Lego controller's (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  train motor stopping

After running a motor for 1-2 hours straight I've had a couple start losing power. I have to increase the power to sustain the same speed and eventually they just stop. I let them cool for a couple minutes and then they go again, only to stop few (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) Sorry! I think it started Wednesday last week. If you're looking for something in particular, contact me offline and I'll see what I can do. This might give me a good reason to stock my Bricklink store! *grin* JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) WHAT?!!!! I was just there two weeks ago and there was no Pick-a-Brick at all! I don't live anywhere near that mall, so going to the LEGO store at all is a huge big deal. I am now very unhappy. Thanks for ruining my day! >-@ (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) Yup - they thought the tanks weren't "appropriate" for a Lego display... But I had another nice gentleman (who I suspect was in a tank crew at some point in his life) asking about a couple of the tanks, and commenting on how well they were (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

(...) What where they complaining about? Just the fact that they were tanks? (...) So is the PaB at the MoA LIC like the one in Orlando where you fill the cups or did they actually sell it by weight? jt (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend

We survived, we had a blast. And I didn't even take any pictures... (But John-3 took a couple, we'll get 'em posted somewhere!) The Roadshow event was set up in two different areas of the Mall of America. Three of the four stations were at the west (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) Some model railroad companies actually use that sort of DC to power their trains to make them run more smoothly at low speeds... Fleischmann's "MSF" principle is based around converting 50Hz AC to DC with only diodes, and put the non-smoothed (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

(...) use mozilla, and get rid of the popups... (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

Mark Bellis wrote: > I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about > the overheating problem. the overheating is not due to the use of PWM, but because the task asked from those motors was too great. why do you think long (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about the overheating problem. Does DCC provide smooth DC to the motor or PWM? If it's PWM, the motor will heat up twice as much as usual. I once tried a 9V train motor with a 12V (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) That's what a RCX with a extra light sensor is for (or homemade light sensors). Either option beats the pants off how I did my first automatic crossing system- it was a electrical kludge (and I still can't think of a better way to do it- in (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

Awesome looking crossing. I like the small size of the motors. What do you use to control this? I was in a hobby store last week looking at DCC stuff and they had crossing sensors for this sort of thing. Also, what happens with the gate is down? Do (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I like the red one better. I think it's the minimalist in me. But black seems to be a more traditional color. Now, who wants to trade me 10 black 2 x 2 radar dishes? I only have 2, so I had to swap them (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) I agree, very spiffy. Crossings get gates at various points in history, based on local grousing, the railroad's capital budget, the actual traffic observed at the crossing, federal or state highway funding etc etc so there's certainly lots of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Question about the World City sets

I am looking for pictures of the decorated parts from the 4 new train sets, the surveiliance van and the police HQ. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe dome car by Teunis Davey

(...) Many Thanks Ross, for posting these pics. Thanks again , Teunis. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa Fe dome car by Teunis Davey

Hi all, Teunis asked me to post pics of this, so here they are: Complete: With dome and top floor removed: With one side removed too: (6 URLs) Oh, and here's his train wall: (2 URLs) Enjoy! ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Weird RCX electrical ideas

I'd like to share two thoughts with you all. They involve the RCX and doing things with it that I'm sure the designers never intended (or thought possible). Oh, if you're reading this in the .trains newsgroup, you can skip over the first thought (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How do you move a stuck Lego Train?

:-D This is what happens to a test run on track thats cut short... (URL) moderation: (URL) to move it with 2 more locomotives: (URL) it sitting lopsided? Thats as the locomotives had pulled it forwards... (URL) new BS gallery reads: "GP35 High Nose (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) Now that's cool looking! I like them both ,,, red and black. you should use them both on the layout. Brian D (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

I've made a couple new models of the crossing gates. With the black one, I tried to hide the red motor. With the red one, I tried to make my peace with the red motor. I'd like to use one or the other on the IndyLUG layout for the Indy GATS, but it (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  huge lot of lego trains

Thought I bring this to peoples attention (URL) wish I had this many sets I didn't want. When you see the starting price it seem exhorbitant until you realise that is contains two 7720 as well as everthing else Tim (Disclaimer. I have absolutely (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train sensors

(...) there is one trick you can use to get this to work reliably. The thing you need is to use carbon spray on the wheels so that a resistor of a few M-ohms is created. This will draw enough current for the detector circuit to work. product is (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> It doesn't answer the rest of your questions, but at least it looks like the new sets are okay: (URL) C. (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  8-wide Gondola instructions!!

I've created instructions for my 8-wide gondola: (URL) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  high speed train on MOC pages

I finally got around to taking daylight pictures of my high speed train set. Visit (URL) welcome to write a review (of any of my creations). Many more to come in the next weeks (mainly train and town). Paul (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  "CHRISTMAS THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD" CONTEST

ENTER AND WIN A $5000.00 GRAND PRIZE ===...=== The Shrine in Belleville, IL is hosting a Christmas LEGO® exhibition featuring LEGO® toy model displays representing the spiritual aspect of Christmas through the eyes of a child. for more information (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: MichLTC - LEGO Roadshow - Chicago, IL

(...) Layout looks terrific! And from the photos, looks like you guys had GREAT weather! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, FTX)

  MichLTC - LEGO Roadshow - Chicago, IL

MichLTC had a great time doing the roadshow this past weekend. Featuring one of our most unqiue layout plans yet, we had 2 trains running, 5 city blocks and a small area for misc MOCs. (4 URLs) MichLUG.org> -Jason Spears Webmaster (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, FTX)

  Re: Train sensors

(...) have an 18-inch electrical lead and contain an internal resistor to protect the reed switch from excessive current in case it is inadvertently wired up to an RCX motor output. The sensor can be attached to the railbed of any straight piece of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

(...) Odd - I don't - can you tell more? (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train sensors

Reed switches have been used. One discussion: (URL) a discussion on various applications: (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train sensors

Has anybody come across a consistent way of sensing the presence of a LEGO train on a specific section of track? I was just wondering, cos I came across (URL) this site> and thought it'd be fairly easy to create controllers like these with RCXs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

CAUTION on the 2nd link -- I got a few nasty pop-up ads... (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

Hi all! The Danish ambassador asked me to set up a train layout in Valga, when the EUROBUSS was there on August 16th, 2003. The original idea came from the Danish Cultural Inistitute. They should show some Danish things as a part of they tour. And (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two new posters

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan wrote: Hi Jeroen, as "usual" you have done a great job on these CAD models. I have downloaded them at once. Again it is really hard to tell from first view if they are made by real LEGO® bricks of just virtual ones. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: Worn out Train wheels?

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote: [snip] Hi Mark, I think you gave a very clear description about the wheel sets working principle. (...) That is right. For early nineties wheel blocks these where the only spots with friction as well (even without (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact