 Trains / 20971
Re: Train sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Ross Crawford wrote:
Has anybody come across a consistent way of sensing the presence of a LEGO train
on a specific section of track?
Reed switches have been used. One discussion:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=8544&t=i&v=a

I have just begun selling my custom reed switch train sensors.  These sensors
have an 18-inch electrical lead and contain an internal resistor to protect the
reed switch from excessive current in case it is inadvertently wired up to an
RCX motor output.  The sensor can be attached to the railbed of any straight
piece of track.  Housings are currently available in three colors: black, grey,
and blue.

The price will be $14.95 apiece and as an introductory promotion, I will include
free shipping+handling within the United States for any orders placed before
September 30, 2003.  (Outside the US, please contact me for a discounted
shipping quote when ordering.)  My online store at drvegetable.com should be
running within the next week or so, but feel free to contact me by e-mail to
place your order or ask questions before then.

I hope this announcement is on-topic for this thread, but I apologize if not.

- Chris.