 Trains / 20969
Re: Train sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 04:53:49 GMT

Reed switches have been used. One discussion:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=8544&t=i&v=a

For a discussion on various applications:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/vlc/?n=1218&t=i&v=a

For 100% Lego, there's this:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=7281

Ross Crawford wrote:
Has anybody come across a consistent way of sensing the presence of a LEGO train
on a specific section of track? I was just wondering, cos I came across
<http://www.dcc-bitswitch.com/ this site> and thought it'd be fairly easy to
create controllers like these with RCXs (using LDCC lib) if there was a way to
sense the position of trains...

ROSCO