 Trains / 20997
Re: quick write-up of our Roadshow weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:53:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
We had a couple of people complain about Dan's tank models being
displayed, we just rolled with it - and laughed about it after they left.

What where they complaining about? Just the fact that they were tanks?

Yup - they thought the tanks weren't "appropriate" for a Lego display...  But I
had another nice gentleman (who I suspect was in a tank crew at some point in
his life) asking about a couple of the tanks, and commenting on how well they
were built.  I prefer to remember the people like him!

On another front, Pick-a-Brick has shown up at the Imagination Center at the
Mall of America.  I think everyone in our club bought at least some bricks.  And
yea, we'll be buying more.  This surprises you why??  ;-)

So is the PaB at the MoA LIC like the one in Orlando where you fill the cups or
did they actually sell it by weight?

Yup - fill the "martini shakers" and pay by volume, not weight.  So if you've
got the time to stick all the pieces together, you can really squeeze a good
amount of bricks into the cup.  The selection is kinda strange, but I suppose
that's part of the fun.  *grin*

The employees at the LIC are experimenting (in their spare time) to see just
what is the best way to pack pieces into the cups.  It's pretty funny to watch!

JohnG, GMLTC, planning on heading back for more 'pick a brick' later this
week....  :-)