 Trains / 21038
Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Jeroen has designed the layout and rendering for another train poster.

Featured are 5 of my TGV train sets:

View the TGV poster and all the other MOC posters.

Very pretty, I especially like the map for the background.

Maybe it’s me, but the Eurostar just doesn’t look right to me. Shouldn’t the roofline above the windshield slope down and right, instead of down and left? Look at the black slopes or the red line above the windshield to see what I’m talking about... All the other locomotives have their roofline sloping down and left, but that’s because we’re looking at their left sides. The Eurostart, we’re looking at its right side, so the roof should slope the other way.

The black roof above the cab of the Eurostar uses the dual-low-roof-slope 3x3, 3675.dat.

This is different from the other TGV designs. Perhaps this difference tricks your eyes?

And, perhaps it is not the best LEGO(R) element design choice for the Eurostar, but the Eurostar aero package is distinctively different than it’s Euro-continent-bound siblings.

Nope, that’s not it. I’m looking more at the red stripe between the yellow nose and the black roof. The right side (of the image) is higher than the left side, so it looks like the train is leaning hard into a right-hand curve. Looking at it again, even the pantograph slopes up&right, it should slope down and right, because of the angle we’re looking at it.

Maybe I should just trim the Eurostar off the poster, by cutting off the right and bottom edges... *grin*

JohnG, GMLTC