 Trains / 21055
Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:55:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:

   Nope, that’s not it. I’m looking more at the red stripe between the yellow nose and the black roof. The right side (of the image) is higher than the left side, so it looks like the train is leaning hard into a right-hand curve. Looking at it again, even the pantograph slopes up&right, it should slope down and right, because of the angle we’re looking at it.

Thanks for further describing this aspect of the rendering. I had not noticed that! You’ve got better eyes than I do.

   Maybe I should just trim the Eurostar off the poster, by cutting off the right and bottom edges... *grin*

Gasp!

Thanks for looking at the poster with a critical eye. And, no, you weren’t (especially) strange the other day-- today, who knows? ;-)

later, James Mathis