 Trains / 21045
Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:26:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Jeroen has designed the layout and rendering for another train poster.

Featured are 5 of my TGV train sets:

View the TGV poster and all the other MOC posters.

TGV Duplex: Bi-level passenger cars.

TGV Sud Est: The bold original orange livery for the South East route.

TGV Atlantique: Paris to the South West. Original livery to be white instead of Silver. Only the first two pre-production Atlantique sets (301 and 302) in white and never repainted. Nicknamed “Moby Dick”.

Thalys PBKA: connecting Paris, Brussels, Koln (Cologne), and Amsterdam.

Eurostar: connecting London, Paris, and Brussels.

Special thanks go out to Karl Lavoie who provided the French language translation: “Take flight...” became “Prenez l’envol...”

Links to view real-life metal TGV train sets:

The TGV Web. The TGV Atlantique. TGV at The European Railway Picture Gallery.

Thank you, Jeroen, for continuing the charge to create beautiful posters of our train designs. Now, I’m looking forward to the next poster on your project-status list featuring Shaun Sullivan’s “switcher”.

Thanks for looking in on all the posters at Jeroen’s site.

later,

James Mathis

Wow that a cool poster! Makes me want to finish my MOC of a high speed train... only have one car right now:(

Build on...
Robin W