 Trains / 19463 (-100)
  Chicago Elevated

This hasn't been mentioned yet, I don't think (URL) other pics near it) show a prototype that David Kohrman has been developing for some Chicago Elevated track and cars. This came out really neat! The cars have the Chicago look, although they're a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug) !!

  Re: MOCs: Micro Train plus more of the Woodhall Express

(...) There has been some other 2 wide stuff done before.. LEGO themselves did some, J2 and Ross did some, and Shaun Sullivan did some as well as others I am forgetting at the moment but I haven't seen this extensive a selection of modern rolling (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: MOCs: Micro Train plus more of the Woodhall Express

(...) things with this new group. So far, all I've seen before this are sci-fi mini-MOCs (hmmm - Mic's?) Neat to see real-world stuff here, and so vividly. Nice job, even with the mod on the clear panel. I wonder if I'll ever meet that moment; never (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: First TCLTC Layout! ;-)

(...) could post them again somewhere? Thanks ROSCO (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  MOCs: Micro Train plus more of the Woodhall Express

I recently made another 2-wide train. This one is a modern diesel train based on some 6-wide rolling stock found on BricksOnTheBrain.com. I gave this model away, but of course I took pics before I sent it off. The gallery includes images of the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: Plasticity MOCs: mountain, heaven, and more

(...) You're giving me some great ideas, Rick, but really my setup was quite simple. As you can see at (URL) were three separate train loops, each with one controller. Another controller served the switching yard. The fifth one provided power to 6 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Plasticity MOCs: mountain, heaven, and more

(...) <snip really great pics of really great MOCs!!> (...) polarity switches! Golly! I'd love to get some more details on what's going on here. Are there six separate loops, or have you used insulated connections to create six control blocks? If (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

Hi Todd, Looking forward to seeing you in April! BTW, April 16 is my birthday. Looks like we need to schedule a BayLUG/BayLTC meeting for Saturday April 26th! Yes, its about 640 miles from Portland to SF. It takes about 10 hours in a car with (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Portland and San Francisco in April

I'm planning to be in San Francisco the week of April 21-25 and am wondering if I can squeeze in a visit to the PNLTC show in Portland on April 17-19. According to the Greyhound website, I can get a bus from Portland to San Francisco on April 20 for (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is this little engine ?

(...) Trenton FL, at the very west end of the Florida West Coast RR tracks. FWCRR is a short line that connects to CSX at Newberry (about 15 mi of track). They used to go beyond Trenton to Cross City, and maybe to Chiefland, but that track was (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is this little engine ?

(...) Ray, I'd say it's a 30 to 90 ton Whitcomb industrial switcher with a electrical drive system. It also looks like a non side rods version. Cool little critter... where is it? Robin W GFLTC (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is this little engine ?

(...) It's a critter! To me it looks like a Plymouth but I'm not very good at identifying critters, could be a Whitcomb or any one of dozens (hundreds?) of other makes... (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  What is this little engine ?

For many months, I have noticed this little engine sitting on a local siding, apparently rusting away. Today I got curious enough to take a few pictures... (URL) What is that thing anyway ? Ray (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) Very cool! I was just starting prototyping for a maglev project myself! Now if only Lego will sell bulk magnets... -Matt: ) ---...--- www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles www.insidethevault.com - mattchiles@gorge.net Matt Chiles 1006 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) Ya, that's the problem. my thinking is that it's not a 1-1 alternation but maybe 2 in one dir for 1 the other, and the magnets on the car body (which would have to be a lot longer body to allow for more magnets) are staggered so that a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) How about a magnetic linear accelerator to keep with the theme. (URL) would only work for short trips, and would need to be reset for each run, but it would still be cool. I don't know if the Lego magnets are very powerful, but that can be (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) But you need to keep the same polarisation to make the train float. How would you stop the suspension magnets from snapping forward onto the alternating ones? All I can think of is a third row of alternating magnets which your wheel works (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) yes to both... (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) So it would "walk" on the magnets? Or would the wheel be powered from the car with a batterey and motor? -M (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) Could a wheel of rotating magnets propel it? Right now you have all the magnets polarised the same, presumably... if you did something with spacing, can you have the magnets alternate? Have to think about this a bit... but with altnerating (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

Hi Tim, Thanks Tim. Yes, the 2x2 cylinders would probably help with corners, and would generally look cooler anyway. Also Yes dave, we could use some more magnets how many can you spare! I guess that's why real ones use electromagnets! With curves, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) Well that, plus a good supply of several hundred Lego magnets at least! I wonder when (or more likely if-ever!) these will come out as a bulk item? -- David Schilling (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

(...) Mark - This is cool! Matt Gerber and I have talked about doing a maglev LEGO train in one of our many conversations about cool MOCs we'd like to make. You beat us to the punch! Glad you got it to work. When I was younger, I tried making a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

Hi, In case you missed it at the diner, or didn't make it to BW '03, (or a BayLTC pizza meeting) Ross showed the prototype Maglev vehicle and short "track" that he and I built. Eric Sophie was kind enough to snap and post a pic of it. Its at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  Got a kick out of this one 8?)

Yeah I know it's off-topic! Apologies if link wraps... (URL) lugnet.off-topic.fun (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Train company logos

For those that might not know a fallen flag just means a logo from a company that is no longer in business. It might also mean just a retired logo. Many railroads have merged etc and create new logos after the merge too... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Plasticity MOCs: mountain, heaven, and more

I've been adding some MOCs to my city over the last couple of years and decided to take a few pictures before Minizilla took down the house. BURPy mountain with road, monorail, and train access (URL) under construction (URL) and Tornado (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

It would be nice to have the origins of the LTCs written. I find myself telling the tale of how "it all started" when I'm visiting other clubs etc. Like our ancestors way back in the verbal history days. Reminds me of the scene in the last MAD MAX (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how big are steam drivers?

(...) Those drivers certainly are big by US standards, especially considering how many wheels there are. But it must be said that 19th century european locos, in some cases, had FAR bigger drivers. IIRC some on the broad gauge (7 foot gauge) UK (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

(...) Ya, the rivet counters would, anyway. (not that there's anything wrong with that!) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

Great idea - both. The site however seems to down at the moment :-) Sonnich Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HB15po.Jwt@lugnet.com... (...) reference (...) it (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

(...) Uh, must have been an implanted memory... (...) Okay, in a shocking display of amnesic modesty, *I* was the first to create a FF logo for an LTC (GMLTC). I don't remember how I came up with the idea-- I thought I had gotten it from JT, but the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) WOW! Congrats Shaun! Very cool, very cool indeed! I also noticed they put a link to Lugnet in there - I would think doing that would be shaky considering the past events with the AFOL discount code and logo in the mag. If things have been (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) If I actually said that, think of what it would do to John's head. So no I am not saying that. Connecting the dots is left as an exercise to the reader. Certainly there are a few non fallen flag logos in the bunch that are nice enough indeed, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: N de M QR-1

(...) Pretty good, considering the size. Despite being double-motored, it still seems to have a weak drawbar pull. If both motors were under the boiler, it'd probably be better. (...) I hadn't noticed the discrepancy in the cab length until you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

I think late 1999. I think Jeremy Rear had the idea of using this fallen flag. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: N de M QR-1

(...) Tell me about it... (...) With the handrails it comes out to effectively 10-wide. (...) I like the use of SNOT for the boiler on that. Very nice. Thanks for the kind words! -Stefan- (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Just how big are steam drivers?

Just poking around and found this great page of the Spokane, Portland and Seattle 700 that in Portland ((URL) just how big the drivers are! I recall the night Ben Fleskes, ScotttM and I visited this round house. I couldn't believe how big these (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Yeah, but not initially-- when did you switch? JOHN (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

We used the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway (URL) we still don't have any Spokkaner's in the club :( SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Hmmm. Their first logo wasn't based on a FF as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that yours and the GMLTC's predate their Spokane, Portland, and Seattle one. Why did you guys choose to use a FF? JOHN (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Actually PNLTC was first to publicly change thier logo to a FF as I remember, we (NGLTC) where working on the SR version for ourselves. They beat us to the punch. jt (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fred died today....

(...) and a pile of LEGO bricks close by. He'll be missed. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Au contrare, JT! In fact, I credit *you* for the whole idea of adopting a fallen flag as an LTC logo as you first did with the Southern Railroad logo for the North Georgia LEGO Train Club. I remember thinking what a cool idea it was and I ran (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, March 1st and 2nd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the South Hills Mall Model Train Show at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Mall is open from 10 AM until 9 PM on Saturday (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) So are you saying that the non-John logos are sub-par compaired to the ones John did? ;) jt (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for the heads up! Useful link and wonderful logos! More inspiration. Dave K (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) The CN Maple Leaf logo (pre wet noodle) is a fine logo to use but technically not a fallen flag. Ditto the CP Beaver (pre black pie wedge). (...) Many of those are due to J2. You need to contact him. Work out what theme or themes you're (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Speaking of train logo's, I've been impressed by all the many logos that the LEGO train clubs have done--their take on actual railroad company logos. I've been trying to hash out in my mind what kind of logo could be worked out for rtlToronto. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Nice find! (...) I can't (and shouldn't) add it to the LUGNET front page but I HAVE added it to the lugnet.trains sidebar. As always I welcome additions, corrections, suggestions, and so forth. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Check out (URL) , the European Railway server. Larry, perhaps add this to the sidebar on LUGNET? One of the best reference sites for anything European. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fred died today....

(...) John, Gosh, that's a nice trolley, and a nice remembrance. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Great! This is a nice reflection on the name of the theme: "My Own Creation"--> Making it "Your Own Creation". I've have been very interested to see all the nice custom mods that folks make to the Santa Fe cars, as well as totally alternate (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Right... and, at least in some people's view, the RDC and learnings from it evolved into the Metroliner powered cars, which evolved into the unpowered stock that Amtrak still uses on the east coast for a lot of stuff. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) [snip] (...) Thank you Larry. You are right about the grey windows be very hard to come by (i.e. $$$). They are a perfect example of Bricklink pricing reflecting supply and demand. I did order 4 from a gentleman in Germany - so I can build one (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) I tried the m.u. hoses on the trucks, the only part I have built with real bricks, and you are right. Bob (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks James. Building the model with real bricks would very hard without the Santa Fe parts sets, I mean train cars, that you designed. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: N de M QR-1

(...) Start planning to come west, and watch our show schedule! We have some exciting stuff coming up (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: N de M QR-1

(...) Hi Stefan! Holger's right, I love seeing big steam engine MOCs! This looks great - some of the features I really dig are: (1) the boiler steps are a nice touch (2) working linkages - yay! (3) I really like some of the details you included on (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train company logos

Hi all! Does anyone know where one can find logos for trains companies? I was looking for RZD and EVR's logos, but not much luck. EVR had a logo with the E in a circle, but I found only the the "r" logo. Their pages do not have the logo like DB or (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: N de M QR-1

Hi Stefan, big steamers in 8-wide+ just rocks! Your MOC looks massive and great. And, LTC, please give us black, white, grey and red large spoked trainwheels! We need them. The work-around with the Model Team Wheels is ok, but a real trainwheel (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Two weekends of fun (GFLTC at GATS Part)...

Train Fans, The GFLTC(1) and I had a great time at the Great American Train Show in St. Petersburg, Florida. This was the second weekend of my two weekend LEGO trek(2)! And here are some pictures of the club layout... (URL) here is a movie... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  N de M QR-1

Howdy y'all! My latest, and, IMO, greatest engine has finally been photographed. It's a Níagara-class 4-8-4 dual service engine, owned by the Mexican National Railways. There's prototype pics at the bottom. On the details side, there are (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Bob, Great CAD work here! It looks super, love the SNOT windows! I will have to try to make one or two of them... Build on, Robin Werner GFLTC (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Metroliner Discounted at LLCA

Haven't seen this announced elsewhere, so.... Made a rainy-day visit to LLCA today (2/27) and saw the Metroliner was marked down to $99.99 in the Big Shop. Don't know if it was a temporary or permanent reduction. IMHO a 30% discount on this one is a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) Note the winky smiley on my message, James. ;) I didn't seriously think you did know anything secret and special, but it was a very drool-icious "want" and that little link was just the vehicle it rode in on. :D best LFB (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) Yes, is a sweet looking engine. I don't have nearly that many black arms to make the cow catcher--I saw the original instructions on Brickshelf a while back and supposed the rest of the engine was there--my bad. Dave K (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) *My* oops. Actually, now I remember that. In any case, it is a terrific MOC and congratulations are definitely in order Shaun! JOHN (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) Oops! Actually, the instructions on Jake's site are for a different engine, a 6-wide. I did actually post the .dat file for the Hudson (prior to using the Lsynth conversion tool, since that makes the file so much larger) at (URL) I've been (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Nice! Very nice! that's going to be a tough real life build though, unless you go with yellow "safety ends". Not that yellow 1x2x2 windows are common, but the greys are *very* hard to come by. Please build it and bring it to BF! Spotlighted. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) I looked once--I don't have nearly that many specific pieces and my Bricklink bill would be extraordinary :( Dave K (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fred died today....

(...) Thanks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then-- it's mine:-) JOHN (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) Why wait? The instructions are already up on Jake's BI Portal site: (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fred died today....

(...) Hey, that's awesome! Is it your creation or your son's? Dave! (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes: <snip> (...) But it would be great if they did. I'd get a few for sure--my only venture into 8-10 wide ;) Dave K (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fred died today....

(...) It has always been my intention to run Trolley: (URL) on the TCLTC layout; now it will have the added meaning of being run in memorium as well. "Well done, good and faithful servant." JOHN (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) If you are refering to Me as the *source*: Sorry, I am just a fan browsing the www.LEGO.com website. I ran across this press-release very innocently. Please don't read any implication into the fact that I posted about it. I honestly don't know (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Fred died today....

"We all long to be lovable and capable of loving, and whatever we can do through the Neighborhood or anything else to reflect that and to encourage people to be in touch with that, then I think that's our ministry." - Fred Rogers (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

(...) Seeing as who's the *source* of this notification, does this mean we're going to be seeing a 4-6-4 Hudson kit sometime soon? ;) This is seriously excellent. Great press! best LFB (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Shaun Sullivan Makes News: Hudson in Official LEGO(R) Press Release!

Congratulations, Shaun! Read an official LEGO(R) Press Release about Shaun's 4-6-4 Hudson: (URL) Mathis (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Wacky Prototypes: Those crazy "critters"

Not sure if this thing qualifies. (URL) did originally have a bottom, btw. It draws inspiration from Lionel's postwar diesel switchers and they're mid-90s diesel switchers. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

Very nice! You definitely nailed the look of it. It needs m.u. hoses on those headlight bricks tho, doesn't it? Those little control levers are good for that. Neat model all the same though. Especially the underframe stuff. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Very nice and "clean" design! I like the roof vents and undercarriage elements. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Budd RDC MOC

(...) Having grown up riding B&M Budds (supposedly I've even had a ride in the cab, but I don't remember that - a friend of my mom's was a B&M engineer), I'd say looks pretty cool. I'll have to consider building one. Frank (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Budd RDC MOC

Back in the 80s I used to ride the MARC train (a commuter service run by the State of Maryland) from College Park to DC. I rode the "B&0" line which used a lot of old Budd RDCs (Rail Diesel Car), usually in three car sets. The Budd RDC became my (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Wacky Prototypes: Those crazy "critters"

(...) Or, as I like to call them, "6 wide trains" >;^D JOHN (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wacky Prototypes: Those crazy "critters"

(...) Or, as they're known in the UK, "Ffestiniog". ;-) Steam: (3 URLs) think you'll find the first two diesels are priceless examples. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Wacky Prototypes: Those crazy "critters"

Need some inspiration? Got weird parts that don't seem to fit in your town/train MOCs? Maybe you should model some Critters! Generally Critters include (but are not limited to) small industrial locomotives and tramways. According to the site at the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)

(...) Um. My layout has 6 holes in walls. (Right now only 4 have track in them- and not all of that is connected) Grade is 2 plates/track piece, and it would not really be practical to go overhead for each door regardless of how you did it (rack). (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cleaning/Reparing electrical items

(...) I've also since managed to repair a 4.5V train carriage roof (thanks to the Brickish Association member who supplied me a broken one for price of postage). I might see if I can put a page together with photographs in the near future. Peter (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

(...) a (...) I tried a Dremel tool, a small file and a hobby knife (in that order). Of those, the knife produced the best results by far. Not only is it quicker, but there is little or no collateral damage to the block. Also, for some reason I've (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)

Thanks Brian and Jason! /Tobbe (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)

(...) Err. I think that's 'number' as in 'lot' or 'situation'. Specifically a comfortable position in life. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)

(...) [snip] (...) I'm a native speaker, but I still had to go to the dictionary to be sure: cushy Pronunciation: 'ku-shE Etymology: Hindi khush pleasant, from Persian khush : entailing little hardship or difficulty <a cushy job with a high salary> (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)

Copy to: lugnet.trains FUT: lugnet.trains (...) Windows is also a problem, of course it can pass by the window but it's inconvinient if they open inwards. (...) Since it's a regular apartment there is no staircase :) (...) The idea was to drive (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

(...) Someone mentioned a while back that they found a good thin-walled rubber hose about the right diameter, and cut rings off that to provide grip for the old 4.5v wheels. I can't lay my hands on the post right now.... ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Width Question

(...) Have a look at this message & threads. From zero wide on up! (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  ozBricks Fans Websites

Hi everybody. Since a lot of LEGO fans have websites under ozBricks, and most of us don't even know of their existence, I made a website that contains a full list of links to those websites. www.ozbricks.net/links It's divided so far to sectors like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics) !!

  Re: Train Width Question

(...) 8 width trains? Nah, it will never catch on... ;-) Jeroen (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Width Question

Has anyone tried to make a train car 8 studs across? I was thinking this would be a pretty cool idea for a working Hogwarts train. On the left side of the train, you have the wall, and like the santa fe, the windows have elbow space, as does the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact